Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

pedal order?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by lc12345678, Jun 30, 2005.

1. lc12345678

lc12345678

Jan 20, 2005
    hi there,
    these are the pedals in my line-up right now.
    amp--> DOD 410 phasor-->Ibanez CS-9 (chorus)-->DOD 250 Overdrive (on all the time for tone)-->Big Muff-->Boss Octave.

The only thing I know for sure is that when I have the chorus and big muff on the the chorus has to be earlier in the chain because the sound it creates is great. If the order is reversed the sound is choked out.

any info would be great.

from a beginner pedal head.

2. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    wait is ur phaser first or ur octave?

mine goes:
    jbass-->tuner-->wah-->mxr octave-->double muff-->boss odb3-->boss ce5 chorus

i tend to get good results.

3. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I would change yours around a bit. If I had it, I would go...

Jbass-->tuner-->octave-->double muff-->ODB3-->chorus

I'm pretty sure you want the octave first.

4. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    mneh, the sweep on the crybaby 105q is pretty extreme (at least the way i have it set), it just sounded wrong through the octave, im tearign it a part this weeken as soon as my new george l's come, i have reworking to do.
    the problem is that i bought this pedal board from coffin case, that while cool, doesn't really work for my set up so i have to wire my wah completely around the other way. i'd actually be willing to trade or sell or buy if anyone's looking. it's a good pedal board if you don't have a wah, i shoulda just done more home work. this is it: http://www.coffincase.com/products/sk110.htm