1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pedal organization help

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Insomnia_Junkie, Aug 31, 2008.

1. I know there have been a million of these threads already but I just wanted to get your guys take on it.
    [​IMG]
    I'm running a Fender Jazz 24(sometimes a MIA Precision) into a

Boss Chromatic Tuner Tu-1
    v
    Boss Noise Suppressor NS-2
    v
    Dunlop Crybaby Bass Wah
    v
    SansAmp BDDI
    v
    Boss Bass Overdrive ODB-3
    v
    EH Big Muff
    v
    EH Russian Bass Balls
    v
    into a GK 1001-RB head on an avatar 4x10
    [​IMG]
    Is there any improvements I can make on this setup? switch something, drop, move, would it be a good idea to run it all through the effects loop etc.

and the Noise Suppressor is kind of a pain in the ass because you need to make another loop within the loop if that makes any sense :meh:

anyway thanks guys I really appreciate it :smug:

2. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    I'd place the 105Q after the Boss ODB-3 so that you can have the best of both worlds for wah placement...before some gain pedals and after others. You can get some really cool effects by placing the wah after distortion, really extreme tones!

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Noise pedal at the very end gets all the noise out.

4. I'd have to agree with this one, moving it after gets some wild stuff...
    dirt into wah can rock!

5. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Personally, I'd run a number of things differently.

I'd have the SansAmp at the end, not only to use as a DI, but because I think almost every dirt box sounds better run into the BDDI.

The noise suppressor I'd also have close to the end and personally I like the tuner there too so I can mute everything if need be. I'd put the Bassballs close to the beginning of the chain.

The wah and dirt pedals take some experimentation. When I had a Weeping Demon and a Big Muff, I liked the wah first, but you need to see what you like.

My 2 cents.

6. noise suppressor at the end probably.

7. Ok, I'll move some of those towards the end especially the Wah but the noise suppressor is technically at the end.

[​IMG]

the whole chain is going through the RETURN and SEND while I got the output going directly to the amp and the pedal before(tuner) in the input. Unless someone has used NS before and just didn't loop anything through the return and send and just go directly through?

8. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    That's fine, everythings in the NS-2 loop, it's covered. But, maybe some of them might sound different NOT going through? Idk, just throwin' it out there.

9. ah ok! that ways it is. i understand now:)