Pedal Pods - Modular powered pedal boards - NAMM 19 - Pics

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TonyP-, Feb 2, 2019.

1. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Mike Lull GK Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass
    Hey Folks.

Check out these guy Pedal Pods
    For you folks that want to add pedals whenever you want.

D6D6CEF9-85D9-4586-8E27-BEB86A74DD26.jpeg

F62D65AB-4738-4EA9-A49A-CE8AC0D89BC0.jpeg
    5CCBF007-4807-4FAF-A846-51DDF7DC5411.jpeg
    4AA69A6D-33A0-42A6-A1EE-A08E735B0678.jpeg

2. 2010P

2010P Inactive

May 13, 2017
    My prediction for this product is dead on arrival. I see no one switching to this clunky, large, ugly and overly engineered "solution."

3. Goad

Goad Grunt for Life

Jun 22, 2015
    Houston
    After careful review of this product, and years of experience putting legos together, I concur with this statement. Why pay for a 9V plug when you can pay for a 9V, 12V, 18V, 100mA, 300mA, 700mA plug but only use the 9V?

4. That’s a solution looking for a problem

5. Thank you for sharing @TonyP- ? ;)

TonyP- likes this.
  6. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Mike Lull GK Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass
    Yikes, tough crowd :wideyed:

I like it and I see the advantages again some folks liken Ampeg others like the other end of the spectrum like GK.

It’s all good and here is a little article on them.

https://bassmagazine.com/gear/pedal...Zos6-2IfNYp--2ApGRX8sv9Wr-5JXrmrcuZ38V-JCy2Tk

For the record I’m not endorsing this product as of this time. I just thought it was cool.

The weight of 10 pods didn’t really seam very different then my pedal board with a voo doo power supply.

My big suggestion to them is use a standard 3 prong power cord.

They are open to suggestions if folks have them.

BrentSimons likes this.
  7. Alien8

Alien8

Jan 29, 2014
    $38 seems like a target based on a PT2 and a PP2+. So does $38 get you the interconnecting cables(CAT5 and power), a power connector and a case?

One also must double up on audio cables.

Regarding modularity - you have to disassemble each box fully to move it around... seems like this system requires more of everything to make it work - including time. Its taking a modular system (pedals) and adding a modular system it... Department of redundancy department?

I still have yet to have one advantage shown to me that justifies all of the heavy negatives this system presents.

Teijo K. likes this.
  8. Alien8

Alien8

Jan 29, 2014

handofseven likes this.
  9. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    I’m sharing info and do not own it, but in theory I like it. If you don’t, ok cool.

BrentSimons likes this.
  10. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    They are talking about a slide out case that is ata approved for this system and for folks doing fly outs that’s pretty nice.

BrentSimons likes this.
  11. nshuman

nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    WWWJWWW
    1sbzb5.jpg

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 24, 2022