1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pedal powering question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by braydensharrar, Jun 12, 2012.

1. braydensharrar

braydensharrar

Feb 21, 2009
    California
    Noticed that my Pitchblack has a power "out" and was wondering if I could use it to power my Wooly Mammoth.

This would just be temporary as I am building a board with a PP2 but won't have it for another month or so.

If it's possible, where do I find a 9V DC male to male cable?

Thanks!

.B

2. 1) No, and 2) in the PP2 kit. :)

The power out is almost certainly a pass-through socket to help keep the cables neat. It's not intended to power another pedal from the battery in the Pitchblack.

3. braydensharrar

braydensharrar

Feb 21, 2009
    California
    I should have stated that I plan on powering the Pitchblack with a one spot.

4. NicJimBass

NicJimBass Flossin'? I thought your name was Munson! Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    Hipshot
    Then yes, as long as the polarity is correct (meaning the tip is either positive or negative) you can do this.

5. alec

alec

Feb 13, 2000
    Perth, Australia
    It will be the same as using a daisy chain from the 1Spot. The Pitchblack won't be doing any powering of it's own, just passing on the current it doesn't use.

6. BassMonstrum

BassMonstrum

Mar 7, 2008
    I have both pedals and do the same thing, but with a T-Rex fuel tank jr. I've filled all the outputs and needed more.

7. braydensharrar

braydensharrar

Feb 21, 2009
    California
    Great, that's all I needed to hear!