Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pedal Recommendations (Replacing Line 6 Bass Pod XT)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Chap, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Chap

Chap

May 27, 2002
    Reno, NV
    Unfortunate events occured last night when my Line 6 Bass Pod XT was ruined by water damage (I don't know how it happened) Anyways- its ruined beyond repair.

This time around I was thinking about getting individual pedals instead of a bass/amp modeler.

I want to get a few pedals:
    1) Echo/Delay.
    2) Distortion/Overdrive (Les Claypool type distortion)
    3) A good tuner for quick, onstage tuning.
    4) Volume/Wah (Cliff Burton style)

I would appreciate any suggestions or anything you have to offer. Cost is not that big of a deal, looking for some quality equipment. If it helps, my current rig is the SWR Tower of Power 8X10, and an Ibanez SR 3000 e.

2. Flea666

Flea666

Apr 21, 2005
    Lichfield, UK
    Delay/echo - Dane echo

Distortion - les claypool apparently uses a vintage proco rat

tuner - boss tu-2

wah - morley or dunlop bass wah

volume - ernie ball volume pedal

3. futopillow

futopillow

Aug 22, 2005
    My thoughts

1) Echo/Delay - Any digital delay, I have a digitech which is cool

2) Distortion/Overdrive (Les Claypool type distortion) - never found one I like, going for a tube preamp to get my distortion.

3) A good tuner for quick, onstage tuning. - Peterson Strobostomp, got it, love it, easy to see

4) Volume/Wah (Cliff Burton style) - even though it;s a checpy I hear the new Behrigner one will be coolm adjustable for different frequencies and no pots to go bung.

4. el_Kabong

el_Kabong

Jul 11, 2005
    Another vote for the Peterson, excellent tuner, di built in too.

5. Sako

Sako

Nov 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Are you looking for a pedal tuner or rack mount? Pedal, my vote is Boss TU-2, rackmount, I'd go with a Korg DT1000 (I think that's the model). Can't really help on the others. PM sent.

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    1) Echo/Delay: I've heard good things about that Danelectro Echo, other than that the Line 6 Echo Modeller doohickey is nice.
    2) Distortion/Overdrive: I'd have at least one or two, one being a Big Muff
    3) A good tuner: TU-2 in pedal form, any Korg rackmount if you don't mind racking it.
    4) Volume/Wah: Morley is what Cliff used, you may prefer the Dunlop

7. mwig

mwig

Aug 6, 2005
    fresno, ca
    how bout the pod live pedalboard. It needs some tweaking out of the box just like the xt, but its has some really nice sounds and its easy to control with your feet - and is a lot less clutter then multiple pedals, cords yada yada yada...