Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pedal Setup??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Flea666, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Flea666

Flea666

Apr 21, 2005
    Lichfield, UK
    ive got a digitech bad monkey, boss bf-2 flanger and a bespeco volume pedal, what order shall i have them in, the overdrive says on all the time..

Also i play in a metal band cud i do with another pedal, i thinking about mayb a distortion i dunno, ill have to see.

thanks very much
    Mike

2. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I would go Volume-->Overdrive-->Flange.

3. depends on what you're using the volume pedal for. if you're hitting it on to "overdrive" your overdrive pedal, put it like this: Volume to OD to Flange

but if you want to use the volume pedal to just make whatever your playing, effected or not, louder, do it like this: OD to Flange to Volume

4. Personally I would go OD -> Flanger -> Volume. But thats just how I like the sound of things. On my board i've got distorion/OD running before and after modulation effects and the volume in the middle.
    I spent ages moving my pedals around in order to see what sounded good where, and I'm still doing it, It's nice to experiment now and then!! :p

5. jimbob

jimbob

Dec 26, 2001
    Charlotte NC
    Endorsing Artist: Acoustica Mixcraft; Endorsing Artist: DR Strings
  6. Helstar

Helstar

Nov 26, 2005
    what do yo mean by geeked

7. I`d suggest: od->flanger->volume. Then I would buy a delay pedal and place it last in the chain. when all your effects are on you can make artistic synth swells with volume pedal and delay. very nice. ooh. suits me, maybe you too.