Pedal Showdown: Way Huge Pork Loin Vs Electro Harmonix Bass Soul Food Vs Ibanez Tube Screamer Bass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tyohars, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Way Huge Pork Loin

46.8%
  2. Electro Harmonix Bass Soul Food

17.0%
  3. Ibanez Tube Screamer Bass

17.0%
  4. Other (insert your suggestion)

6.4%
  5. Carrot

12.8%
  1. tyohars

tyohars

Nov 11, 2016
    I also will try the BSF too. Thank you for your input

I love darkglass as well, but they're too expensive.

Thank you for your input :)

I'll try Joyo too!

Not just bass gear, but bass as overall. Bass player treated lowest as musician here. Not many basses brand here, I can't even find hollow body basses here

2. Wulfensteiner

Wulfensteiner Inactive

Mar 24, 2018
    Melbourne, Australia
    Dude, sorry to say, but the ''bassist treated as lowest musician with fewest options" thang doesn't get any better worldwide :D unless you're prepared to spend mega $$$

3. tyohars

tyohars

Nov 11, 2016
    It worse here! Believe me! Lol I can't even find Fender Classic 50's P or roadworn. No American Special and signature like Nate Mendel or Duff McKagan. The only mustang available here is the guitar!

4. Wfrance3

Wfrance3 Supporting Member

May 29, 2014
    Tulsa, OK
    Mannn... not hitting like for
    Mann. That’s too bad. Your right in the region where many pedals and bases are made. It’s like they travel right past you, don’t stop and then just keep going to an inaccessible country!

5. tyohars

tyohars

Nov 11, 2016
    Finally try almost every overdrive pedals that on my price range. But I have good times with DOD most. So finally I bought it. Thanks guys!!!

Swimming Bird likes this.
  6. Karlson541

Karlson541 Inactive

Jun 9, 2018
    I voted the EHX Bass Soul Food, but I agree that something like the Joyo Ultimate Drive, perhaps with a bit of clean blended in by using something like the Boss LS-2, would probably be able to get you closer.

Oh, well, see you decided, good for you.

7. Beheroth

Beheroth

Aug 26, 2016
    the bass soul food is a klon with the gain and blend control separated, not an ocd

8. socialleper

socialleper Bringer of doom and top shelf beer Supporting Member

May 31, 2009
    Canyon Country, CA
    I didn't say it was an OCD, I was comparing it to an OCD.

9. Beheroth

Beheroth

Aug 26, 2016
    still two very different animals, a klon is a boost/very light od, an ocd is a marshall is a box type meme

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021