1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pedal that has an 808 Bass Drop Effect

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mancefine, Mar 15, 2016.

1. mancefine

mancefine

Jul 7, 2013
    Endorsing Artist: Orange Amplifiers and Spector Basses
    So, I'm looking for a pedal that I can hit and it makes a huge and booming low bass drop, similar to an 808. I swear I saw a pedals and effects video where Juan Alderete had something similar but I can't find it anywhere.

2. DOD MEATBOX?

3. P-oddz

P-oddz Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    Yeah, probably the Meatbox.

blindrabbit likes this.
  4. colantalas

colantalas

Mar 26, 2014
    Bassist in a local band around here just put an 808 sample in a Boss looper pedal and hits the pedal every time he wants a drop, that's an option.

Veldar, RoeyHaviv and P-oddz like this.
  5. This^^^^

I've done the same thing in the past with the digitech jamman feeding it's own DI (so its a seperate line to foh and not in the bass signal chain) You can sample anything. Half the samples I made for it were straight from my phone to the Jamman. It's easy to find a real 808 sample online. the jammans with memory are also great for adding additional layers live. For example instead of taking raw guitar and looping it into the same amp for extra layers like a guitar player does i just load the files from our recordings on my computer at home. Mute everything the band plays and make a bunch of little samples of the cosmetic layered stuff. But you have to keep them as short as possible to help the band stay on time with it. You can't use it like a backing track the band has to play along to. It's also a great way to sample audio from movies and have atmosphere between songs while everyone checks tuning or switches guitars

Driven Crane and LiquidMidnight like this.
  6. Looper with a real sample would be the best way to do it

Nephilymbass likes this.
  7. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Will a looper pedal allow you to tune the sample, or do you need to do that before you put it in the pedal?

8. Alien8

Alien8

Jan 29, 2014
    Moog MF-101 and an EHX 8-step does it really well. Tunable, triggerable, even syncable to a midi clock.

Edit - don't even need your bass to make the note happen like the Meatbox.

9. What do you mean by "tune" adjust pitch?

10. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

No, at least not the BOSS one. I cannot think of any that would but they may exist.

FilterFunk likes this.
  11. Pacodelivery

Pacodelivery Supporting Member

May 25, 2014
    Baltimore
    I can't attest to this personally, but from watching videos it seems to me that you could do this with the s-bend feature on the boss ps-6, setting it to a fast fall to a few octaves down.

crapusername and FilterFunk like this.
  12. FilterFunk

Mar 31, 2010
    Yes.

13. Some loopers can shift up or down an octave but I don't know of any that can shift like a half step at time. I just do it before putting the samples on the pedal.

FilterFunk likes this.
  14. FilterFunk

Mar 31, 2010
    Cool...thanks for the info!

Nephilymbass likes this.
  15. I vote Meatbox, it crushes for this.

pacojas likes this.
  16. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    i just got one for Root & Dub breaks! booted my Octabass.

17. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    Another mention for the ps6. I have mine set to fall 2 octaves very quickly.
    I have also used my meat box for this before, but I prefer the actual movement of the ps6

18. Pacodelivery

Pacodelivery Supporting Member

May 25, 2014
    Baltimore
    @crapusername have you found that the ps6 can track the signal of an analog octaver? I've been wanting to get one and run it after my octamizer and before fuzz/dist for detune, octave up, and sbends for simulaing an 808.

19. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    To be honest, I've never tried running an octaver into the ps6.
    The ps6 is a totally digital pedal, so in theory it should track ok. I suppose the only way to find it to try ;)

20. blastbass

blastbass Banned

Mar 8, 2016
    bombay
    Moogerfooger Low pass filter