pedal theory's

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Oct 24, 2005.

1. well, over the last few months ive been creating theorys on how to setup my pedal board....heres my two latest:
    Boss Advanced EQ (double Pedal) -> EHX big Muff Pi -> dunlop bass wah -> EHX Bass Balls -> EHX Mini Q tron -> EHX Big Muff Pi

Boss Advanced Eq (double Pedal) -> dunlop bass wah -> Boss OD-20 drive zone -> Mini q-tron

ok, my prospects for the advanced eq pedal in both of them was to setup eq's for slapping, finger style and for whatever technique so i can leave my amp flat...for the first one i chose the BM cos i like it and using two of them is sex, the bass balls to keep its od filter on and then the mini q for a std envelope......

the seccond one the eq pedal for the same reason, the drive zone so i can use the 4 presets for a tube od, use the HM-2 patch for fuzz, and just other distortions that i like for different songs, and the mini-q for my envelope...

so which one out of these makes the most sense :D if any
  2. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Smooth. Both are fine.
  3. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Running the od-20 in to a q-tron will yield results that are similar to a bassballs, not the same concept of 2 filters and such but it will sound similar.

If you are happy with graphic eq's go for the Boss Eq-20 I've always found graphics to fiddly and never got it quite right but that's just me.

Since you are in australia try and pick up a Chunk Filter instead of the Mini Q-tron the Mini Q-tron is really down there on the list of great filters.

Also if you are set on the sound of the bassballs try and get a Crowther Prunes and Custard similar sound, but a much better sounding and built pedal.

Hope this helps
  4. the chunk systems filter is like $500, im not prepared to spend that on the one pedal..the boss double pedals are cheap at the moment $335

my main perogative for the od-20 is so i can use a few types of distortion, mainly the HM-2 simulation..i love graphic more comfortable with them than i am rotatry not completely obsessesed over the bassballs, i prefer it with the od filter but i find it's rather lacking without the od switch on