1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

pedal theory's

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Oct 24, 2005.

1. well, over the last few months ive been creating theorys on how to setup my pedal board....heres my two latest:
    Boss Advanced EQ (double Pedal) -> EHX big Muff Pi -> dunlop bass wah -> EHX Bass Balls -> EHX Mini Q tron -> EHX Big Muff Pi

And

Boss Advanced Eq (double Pedal) -> dunlop bass wah -> Boss OD-20 drive zone -> Mini q-tron

ok, my prospects for the advanced eq pedal in both of them was to setup eq's for slapping, finger style and for whatever technique so i can leave my amp flat...for the first one i chose the BM cos i like it and using two of them is sex, the bass balls to keep its od filter on and then the mini q for a std envelope......

the seccond one the eq pedal for the same reason, the drive zone so i can use the 4 presets for a tube od, use the HM-2 patch for fuzz, and just other distortions that i like for different songs, and the mini-q for my envelope...

so which one out of these makes the most sense :D if any

2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Yes.

3. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Smooth. Both are fine.

4. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Running the od-20 in to a q-tron will yield results that are similar to a bassballs, not the same concept of 2 filters and such but it will sound similar.

If you are happy with graphic eq's go for the Boss Eq-20 I've always found graphics to fiddly and never got it quite right but that's just me.

Since you are in australia try and pick up a Chunk Filter instead of the Mini Q-tron the Mini Q-tron is really down there on the list of great filters.

Also if you are set on the sound of the bassballs try and get a Crowther Prunes and Custard similar sound, but a much better sounding and built pedal.

Hope this helps

5. the chunk systems filter is like $500, im not prepared to spend that on the one pedal..the boss double pedals are cheap at the moment $335

my main perogative for the od-20 is so i can use a few types of distortion, mainly the HM-2 simulation..i love graphic eqs...im more comfortable with them than i am rotatry knobs..im not completely obsessesed over the bassballs, i prefer it with the od filter but i find it's rather lacking without the od switch on