1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pedal to play audio samples

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JensCambre, Mar 30, 2015.

1. JensCambre

JensCambre

Feb 3, 2014
    Belgium
    I'm looking for a pedal on which I can download mp3 audio, so I can play it buy just stepping on the pedal. I plan on using it to play intro's, dialogue from old movies, ... at the start of some songs and in a bridge.

Now, I took a look at the Boss RC-3 and digitech Jamman XT solo. Can these pedals do what I am looking for? I know they are actually loopers, but that would just be a bonus for me. Other pedals that can do this just fine, may be recommended.

Help me out please, I can't seem to figuere out what I need to buy...

Thanks.

2. the_stoot64

the_stoot64

Mar 8, 2015
    Australia
    I borrowed a Jamman for a while. I didn't test the function, but I think it can do it.

3. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    Some of the Boss RC pedal let you upload wave files via usb. So these should work. I'd suggest at least an RC-30 for it's twin pedals, for versatility.

4. Goatrope

Goatrope Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Sarasota Florida
    I use a Ditto Looper. Just used a mini to 1/4 adaptor and played the samples from my phone to the looper input.

5. The jamman can for sure. Infact the twin size jamman that came out a few years back, the jamman stereo and the jamman solo xt can do it. The express does not have memory to do it.

I've done it. I would just reccomend getting an inexpensive DI box for it. I just use a cheap whirlwind IMP2. One warning though the older twin jamman will not work with DC pedal bricks. It runs AC. The newer ones are all DC

JensCambre likes this.
  6. JensCambre

JensCambre

Feb 3, 2014
    Belgium
    Thanks!

7. TimboZ

TimboZ

Jan 4, 2009
    South of Buffalo
    I have used the older Jamman for that. It only plays mono files. I use for a foot controlled MP3 player. With the expansion pedal I made, I can scroll up or down to tracks 1 - 99. Also with this jamman track length s not limited like the other models. And a volume pedal between the jamman and DI box comes in handy.

2811ac59-b457-4325-a17a-2e12b21b056d_zpszmhwfzgq.

Nephilymbass and JensCambre like this.
  8. JensCambre

JensCambre

Feb 3, 2014
    Belgium
    nice to see this! But I must say, do not have the space for all of that. I only have room for a boss sized pedal :) This is very impressive!

9. Musky

Musky

Nov 5, 2005
    UK
    The cheap method - ipod touch with a wired remote off ebay. Open up the control box, isolate the wire to the next track button and wire that and the common wire to a momentary footswitch (pinouts are available on line). Or forget buying the remote and just buy the plug and suitable cable.

10. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    An unconventional, expensive, but potentially interesting option is the Beat Buddy. You can create your own patterns and assign .wav files to the drum sounds.

11. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    Our drummer does this using an Alesis pad thing. I think it makes more sense for the drummer to manage this sort of thing to be honest.

12. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

I used to run samples with my BOSS RC-20XL. Really, any sample should be able to do this. I would recommend you get one with an XLR out, though. That way you can run the loop to the FOH without affecting your bass.

13. Boss rc3 methinks