1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pedal Tuners...(Boss, Korg)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by FeelTheGroove, Apr 12, 2006.

1. FeelTheGroove

FeelTheGroove

Dec 2, 2005
    Now that im finally going to be gigging again soon I need a good pedal tuner. Ive been told the Peterson Strobostomp is the best tuner you can buy, but its a little too expensive at the moment.
    Ive pretty much narrowed it down to the Boss TU-2 or Korg DT-10.

I like the Boss because it has the ability to daisy chain other 9v pedals through it, which the Korg lacks. However, Ive read mixed reviews on the TU-2 from harmony central, as opposed to the Korg having practically all positive reviews. Some stated that the Boss didnt work as well with bass and was innacurate at times.

Does anyone own either the Boss TU-2 or Korg DT-10? And has anyone had problems with a TU-2?

2. I have used the DT-10 for about six months without a problem. Still on the first battery. Easy to see display,works well with my 5 string Yamaha. Highly recommended.

A.A.

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    i have not tried the Korg, but I have used a TU2. I really want a TU-2 for it's streaming tuning mode. Similar to a strobe, but not as insanely accurate.

4. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I never gig without my TU-2. Tuner and mute. Great little pedal.

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    BTW, I currently use a Johnson brand TU2 copy. Not as nice, no extra features, and the tuning mute can be noisy when it switches. But, I bought it for 20 dollars, IIRC. Not bad. I am modifying it to quiet it down.

6. telekaster

telekaster

Feb 14, 2005
    San Diego
    They're both good. I have both. I used a TU2 until the hinge broke. I used the daisy chain feature to power all my pedals when I played guitar. I eventually got a DT10 because it seems to be built more sturdy and it matched shape of my Orange footswitch :D . I use the DT10 with my bass now and it works great.

7. basspunk2005

basspunk2005 Guest

Jan 31, 2005
    I own a Korg pedal tuner, its probably the one your saying but I cant remember off hand if thats the exact model or not sorry lol. Anyway its excellent I have had no problems with it at all its built well and can take transporting around and being knocked etc the traditional gigging abuse. Iv had mine for about 2 years and its working perfectly.

8. scuba steve

scuba steve

Dec 28, 2005
    Hillsboro, Tx
    i use and gig with the boss tuner all the time, and it has never let me down. just be sure if you don't use an adaptor, to check your batteries every so often. i would highly recomend this pedal to anyone.

9. I would have to recomend checking out Peterson's Strobostomp. It's the best stompbox tuner out there and it's not much more money than the ones you're looking at.

10. I love my TU-2 pedal.

The tuning option on my multi-effects Digitech pedal, and also my Zoom multieffects pedal were WAY off on the tuning. My finger playing sounded instantly much better.

Also, I love the various modes. For my bass I use Chromatic, while on my Gibson guitar I use the standard modes.

11. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004

+1

12. ddnidd1

ddnidd1 Supporting Member

Plus it has proprietary temperments for bass and guitar along with an active XLR DI among other features. And don't be fooled into thinking because its extremely accurate that its difficult to use. Its easier and faster to tune with a Peterson because it tracks notes so accurately. People who have problems with tuners that show the same note sharp one second and the next second it shows flat have tuners than do not track well.

13. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    tu-2 for me. i've had mine for a couple of years now.

14. Another vote for Boss. I've played in some pretty "hardcore" bands, (read into that. It means we went for headbanging and stomping around over technical ability) and I've never broken a Boss pedal. They're bullet proof.

Damn, now I'm laughing remembering those REALLY bad bands I was in in high school. God that's funny.:D

Rock on
    Eric

15. HRC Matt

HRC Matt

Aug 31, 2004
    Columbus, Ga
    I just bought this planet waves ct04 chromatic pedal tuner 2 days ago, and I personally think it just as good as the boss for $20 less.

[​IMG]