Pedal tuners for bass

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Sten, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Sten

Sten

Nov 18, 2001
    Estonia
    Well, almost. Behringer rack tuner does not even track drop D guitar, not to mention bass. I also had a Fender pedal tuner that did not track E string on bass.

Out of these, I'm sure I could go with any. Still some features make tuning easier and faster (especially important at live situations) and when I buy something I want to be damn sure it is going to tolerate me stepping on it all the time. The plastic clip on my CT04 already broke - the same thing happened with my badnmates same tuner, so I think this definitely is a reliability issue.

2. rob_thebassman

rob_thebassman

Jul 26, 2010
    Normanton, UK
    playing bass since 2005
    I know how you feel dude, clips broke on mine and battery cover flops about.. im thinking of replacing with a polytune

3. ggunn

ggunn

Aug 30, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Have you no duct tape? :D

4. Kraken

Kraken

Jun 19, 2001
    Aylesbury, England
    I know that the Korg Pitchblack and Pitchblack+ will tune a 5 string down to A with no problems as I use 'drop A' (AEADG) for one of Thinking For Tuesdays songs.

I've always found the korg to be more accurate that the TU-2 but it doesn't respond as quickly. although that said it does respond very fast.

Good luck

5. rob_thebassman

rob_thebassman

Jul 26, 2010
    Normanton, UK
    playing bass since 2005
    nope haha never thought, be riight... after lookin at polytune im defo replacing planet waves

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021