Pedal with trigger input; what's out there?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by lukylutte, Sep 22, 2015.

Tags:
  1. lukylutte

lukylutte

Oct 14, 2004
    Hei,

So, since my PT pro wasn't enough I built a table top setup. I have (between other) one loop which affect the over heads set sounds. In that loop I have a Pigtronix EP1 with the kick drum in the trigger input. This is lots of fun. So now I'd like to add more effect with trigger inputs so the affected drums sounds are triggered by the bass and/or vocals.

So after some search I only found Pigtronix which has such pedals. Is there anything else?
    Thanks for your help!

2. qersty

qersty

Aug 15, 2012
    Sweden
    The old Boss DSD-3 has a cv trigger input, I think there was a mini-rack version of this too

lukylutte likes this.
  3. Dark Barn

Dark Barn

Aug 3, 2010
    Seattle
    The Dwarfcraft ARF has a trigger input, not sure how it operates though.

lukylutte likes this.
  4. lukylutte

lukylutte

Oct 14, 2004
    Thanks. I didn't know that boss. Might be fun with bass with the snare or kick as trigger.

For the dwarfcraft I guess I didn't realised that cv trigger is the same...

5. qersty

qersty

Aug 15, 2012
    Sweden
    I had forgotten about the Dwarfcraft, but it is true that it has a cv trigger input

6. lukylutte

lukylutte

Oct 14, 2004
    WellI just scored a boss dsd-2 on ebay. As far as I understood it's the same than the dsd-3. Plus for the same price than a dsd-3 I was able to pre order a Montreal Assembly CT5...

Well it was a good day for my GAS!

7. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    IIRC, any pedal with an effects loop can have that loop set up as a trigger input. I forgot exactly how it's done; you'll have to research it yourself.

EDIT: The WMD Fatman's Key Input input is a trigger input.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    lukylutte likes this.
  8. lukylutte

lukylutte

Oct 14, 2004
    Thanks will check that!

9. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    OK...I went ahead and did a little research. This is how using an effects loop as a trigger input is supposed to work (from the EHX Bi-Filter manual):

"Connect one instrument (e.g., a drum machine) into the AUDIO INPUT jack for its envelope and connect another instrument (your bass) into the EFFECTS RETURN jack to go through the filters."

I added the examples in parenthesis.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2022