Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pedalbag or pedalcase

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, May 10, 2004.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I'm looking at getting a pedal board. Got my pedals already and in the most used layout I need a board 60cm long x 30cm wide give or take a couple of cm.

Now I don't exactly need a hardcase as I don't really let me gear out of my sight. So my options are that electro harmonix pedal bag which looks big enough but I don't have an exact size and I think the bottom looks a bit flimsy but i'm not sure as I can only see the pic on the ehx site.

Next I've seen that coffin case pedal board that is more than double the ehx but looks sturdier. But I don't have any experiance with this company so I don't know if it will be well made.

Finally I could get a pedaltrain but to me it doesn't look like it's worth the money as it has n o sort of power supply its just a case and a board.

Whats going to offer good quality and good value?

Thanks guys

BTW checked the serial on my custom guitar sounds dirtbox and it's 00023 how cool is that will post pics when I get the board.

2. I use keyboard bags for my pedal boards, sizes work well and they are sturdy and well padded. I then cut a piece of wood to fit the keyboard case, paint it a choice color, attach everything with double sided foam mounting tape and viola I'm ready to, surf the wild sonic waves. Can you explain why everyone else feels the need to purchase a premanufactured board for 2, 3 or 4 times what I spend?

3. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    The only reason I'm concidering buying a premade board is because it's just easier I made the most awful things at school when I went near wood.

4. I'm not sure how available SKB cases are in your area, but their PS-25 is a powered pedalboard with gig bag, and I've used it for about 6 years with no problems. I know they're making a hard-cased powered board as well.

Here is their full line of pedalboards.