1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pedalboard advice — do I need a PT-2 or PT-3? Or something else?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by brennanmcnally, Oct 14, 2016.

1. So I've got a Pedaltrain 1 (PT-1), right? I just got it. I was so pumped; it felt like I finally had a real board. Before this I used a Pedaltrain Mini for about 5 years, which was perfect for fly dates and my simple bass setup. But I got the pedal bug hard and started to spend some more money in that world... and before you know it, I needed something a little bigger. Hence the PT-1. And all my stuff fit on it, and I even had space for a volume pedal finally!

Until now.

I've gone a little overboard. I just got a BigSky, and a Cali76, and probably have a Moog Low Pass Filter coming in the next week or so. That will probably do it for a good long while (I mean... we all know that isn't true for any of us, but I'm gonna try). Just sorta have to rest the Cali76 on top of the VP Jr., or keep it off the board. And if I end up going for this Moogerfooger (which would replace the Gravitas)... and I'd still love a little extra space just for growth potential down the line, perhaps.

So. Would a PT-2 take care of my needs, or would I have to go up to a PT-3? I know Pedaltrain has changed the names (and made very small tweaks) for these, so I think it's either the Classic 2 or Classic Pro in terms of new things. I think the Pro is way too big, and some people here have said that the extra top row is pretty useless unless you have Zvex sized pedals to fill it out. But from what I can tell, the PT-2/Classic 2 is only like... 2" longer than the PT-1? Is that true?

I feel a bit stuck. Would love anyone to look at my board and help me figure out what I need!

FullSizeRender-1 2.jpg

IMG_8407.JPG

FullSizeRender-2 2.jpg

Tourniquet Man likes this.
  2. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

Just go ahead and escalate to the PT-3; It's just the right size, not too unwieldy(like the Pro or, yikes, Terra), if you get the hard case, you get wheels, it's got 5 slats, which I think is great for awkwardly shaped stomps, larger volume pedals, or squeezing in Mooer-sized boxes, and you'll have room to grow for all those pedals that don't exist yet that you will just have to have.

brennanmcnally likes this.
  3. I don't know about the Moog, but I can see room for the Cali.

img_8407-jpg.jpg

Tuner to far top right, sideways, above the Vol.
    Nudge POG left, Gravitas placed to its right.
    SS/BS moved right to the Vol
    Maude to follow suit, shove it hard right against the Buzzz

Cali should then fit lower left.

Nice thing about the Cali, it acts as a great pedal-riser and you could stick the Gravitas or tuner on top of it.

I've been keeping my Vol pedal off the board and kind of prefer it on the floor, the angle is better for me... It's one more thing to hassle with when setting up for a gig, but then I've not had many gigs lately.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 15, 2021