1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

PedalBoard Amp Idea.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tony Flow MMMM, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Tony Flow MMMM

Tony Flow MMMM

Dec 4, 2012
    So I been trying to make my rig as compact as possible. However being that I have a wireless system that I LOVE that I placed under my pedalboard. I'm considering putting the amp onto the board too.. It'll be one less thing I have to carry and a pretty cool idea. IMO. Only problem is I'd have to run the speaker cable a long distance. Would this be any sort of problem? View attachment 321194

I would probably remove the wah and power strip. It'll fit, I might even build a enclosure around it and place some pedals on top. Thoughts?

2. tech21nyc

tech21nyc Commercial User

Aug 17, 2010
    Manufacturer: Tech 21
    You have the possibility of getting interference due to the proximity of the head to your pedals. Try it and see what happens. Make sure to use a good quality speaker cable.

3. What kind of amp are you using? If you are using a pedal as your only pre, maybe look at getting a power amp and leaving it behind the cab.

4. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, ChopShopAmps
    this

but i think the op might be trying to eliminate "amp+cab" here, "everything else" here. maybe a way to power whatever cab from a single "walk on and drop where i'm standing" unit. one power supply outlet. one cable to board. one cable to cab. 1...2...3...go.

OP?

5. Tony Flow MMMM

Tony Flow MMMM

Dec 4, 2012
    Yea a separate power amp. I plan on using a micro amp of some sort probably the gk mb500

6. carbonfold

carbonfold Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2006
    Dallas, Texas
    I did this to my Shuttle 9.0 before I converted it over to my Pedaltrain. The only worries I had was someone stepping on the output jack where the cable connect and getting a beer poured onto it.

It was a while back and a TOTALLY different looking board now!

6915f295.