1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pedalboard Dilemma.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CodeYbassboy, Apr 19, 2006.

1. So I'm thinking its about time to fork over the fat cash and get a real pedalboard. After three years of playing on various velcro and loose wire covered planks, its time for a change. Ideally I want something that can take a beating, has a cover, and has some sort of compartment for running wires, so I can stomp on my pedals clutter free. The Pedalpad Axis looks like the best bet, but $200 is pretty steep. I'm also thinking about an NYC Pedalboards Gigman, for $40 less. I don't know, my woodsmanship skills are null and void - everytime I try cobbling one up its kind of hideous. What sort of board would you folk recommend?

2. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    I dont really know what exactly you need but this is working really well for what I need. Its by no means the nicest pedal board but its gunna get banged up anyway and for the price Im really not too worried about replacing it when the time comes. I built my own 'board' that goes in it (wood cut to size + auto carpeting). Its worth checking out.

http://www.rondomusic.net/pedalcases.html

3. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    My guitarist got a 'board from nyc pedalboards, as soon as i have some cash I'll probably get one too. That thing is solid and awesome. Also, you can get a riser for it and it's movable, that dude builds some versatile pedalboards.

4. ArwinH

ArwinH run rabbit run

Dec 1, 2005
    Southern California
    Funny, I'm moving from a pedalpad AXS to a cheap board...I think it's supposed to be used for arranging fake flowers, and it was free.