1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pedalboard order help!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by karankumar, Oct 18, 2013.

1. karankumar

karankumar

Feb 6, 2012
    Guys i need a little help with my pedalboard sequence. I have the following order.

Korg PB -> MXR M82 Filter -> Source Audio MWBD -> Boss LMB-3 -> VT Bass -> Chorus -> Delay

Im pretty convinced that my time based effects go at the end of the chain. But i'm not convinced at the placement of my LMB3 compressor. When on, it sort of subdues the dynamics of my filter. What would be it's optimal placement?

Note: I don't want it before the filter because i need my playing dynamics to work with the filter

Note2: When i turn on the MWBD and VT, there's a huge, high mid heavy and very defined tone that comes out. I like it. But does it make sense to put the VT in the beginning of my chain. Sort of as a pre to drive all the other effects? (i use the VT clean)

Thanks guys!

2. absolutely on the vt. that's where i have mine, right after the tuner.

maybe move the vt to the front and the compressor either right before or after the vt, depending on tastes?

3. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Me? I would go like this:
    From bass> tuner> m82> MWBD> chorus > delay > limiter > VT

I'd use the VT as my preamp. The limiter I guess could really go anywhere but I'm thinking it would help most for spikes from the MXR so maybe put it right after that. Bottom line, do some experimenting. A lot of people will tell you use your ears. I see a lot of folks put their wahs in the beginning of their chain, I put mine almost last because it sounds better to my ears.