pedalboard signal/power snake

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tim99, Jun 12, 2003.

1. tim99

tim99 Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2003
    So, I have been reading about putting the time based effects in the effects loop of my amp (SVT 4 Pro), and I am working toward a pedalboard (VooDoo PedalPower on the way), and I have been thinking about a snake of one power cable and 3 signal cables. My amp has a power outlet, an effects send, and an effects return on the back. And of course an instrument in on the front. Is there a problem putting the ac power cable zip tied to those signal cables? Has anyone done this? I am kind of a neat freak and would like how neat and easy to setup this would be. (So now I would not step on them, I would trip over them :eek: .)

Yes, I used search.

No, I do not want my effects in a rack behind me with only controls in front of me. I want my pedals in front of me, below the microphone, with my speaker cabinets behind me.

I have three monster cables, performer 500, Monster Rock, that I just dug out of the closet that I could use.

2. lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    I've done that very thing with no AC hum or interference of any kind. I suggest you use some type SO cable. It is the round kind used in good extension cords. If your bass is active, I doubt you will have trouble because of its low impedance. Passive pick ups however, I don't know, never tried it. :cool:
  3. tim99

tim99 Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2003
    Tim again.

Have been reading about DI (Sadowsky), and threads on the Tool bassist. I have a Fulltone Bass-Drive. Do people use a DI in/out in front of their pedals? Even with an active bass? What is the advantage?

Or does that Tool bassist use the DI as a clean to mix at the board? If I sound confused, I am.

So I plan to put:

My active bass
    Ernie Ball Volume Pedal (TU-2 out)
    Bass-Drive pedal
    my amp's preamp
    effect out
    chorus pedal
    delay pedal
    effect in
    my amp's power amp
    my speaker cabinets

Any comments on the order or the components or a Sadowsky somewhere in this?

I am starting a new rock cover band. I think this is all I need. (Some would say more than I need...)

4. NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    I run the power wires with the signal all the time, with no problem at all. As far as your chain
    I run the volume pedal at the end.And run only clean signal to the board pre -effects that way the house has the bottom end when I use some of the effects.I do use monster cables now, but I ran el-cheapo cables in the past and had no problems running them along with the power to the board.:)[​IMG]