Pedalboard suggestions (chain order/pedals)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by negative101, Dec 26, 2021.

1. negative101

negative101

Aug 30, 2011
    Hi all! I am planning to change my pedalboard and I'm looking for suggestions on the chain order and pedals, any feedback would be really appreciated.

Style I play: doom/stoner/psych rock

Bass: Rickenbacker 4003 / Fender Jazz Bass (Tunning: C Standard)

- The only pedal I don't have and I'm planning to purchase is the Alpha Omega Ultra.
    - The Helix HX Stomp is used for modulations

Thanks for all your suggestion. I understand that this topic is quite subjective but all the information you may share with me will be really appreciated.

Thanks!

pedalboard.png

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
  2. AndyLES

AndyLES

Aug 25, 2008
    New York
    I'd suggest Tuner, Big muff (fuzzes often like to see high impedance/un buffered signals), compressor, DK Ultra, Microtubes, Helix.

3. negative101

negative101

Aug 30, 2011
    Thanks for your suggestion @AndyLES. I read about placing the fuzz before the compressor, I'm going to check which one sounds better.

AndyLES likes this.
  4. Personally I’d probably go tuner compressor then hx stomp and have all the dirt pedals in the effects loop of the hx stomp. That way you can create sounds using the hx stomp to route the dirt in different locations. For example you might want chorus before a drive and chorus after a drive for different sounds. But also it’ll really help you be able to use different effects within the hx stomp. For example if you want to use the bass octave into the real big muff but then back into the stomp for an envelope filter and or a chorus to create a synth bass sound.

5. negative101

negative101

Aug 30, 2011
    Wow, thanks for all your suggestions @Nephilymbass! I've never experimented with using the FX Loops of the Stomp but I'll definitely give it a try. Regarding the Pream (AO Ultra), do you also suggest to put it or right after the compressor? Thanks again!

Nephilymbass likes this.
  6. As fas as the AO it depends. If you’re using a real amp going to front of house from the amp then yeah I’d put it in the effects loop also. But if you’re not using an amp and using the ultra as your DI it makes sense to have it last