Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pedalboard Supplies

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sean_w_mcgrath, Aug 17, 2005.

1. sean_w_mcgrath

sean_w_mcgrath does this forum name make me look fat?

Anyone know where to get a good material to line the bottom of my pedal board with so velcro will stick to it? For $8 Canadaiam i can 20 meters of velcro strips that will cover my board....would some sort of material be any cheaper/effective?

Thanks

2. Yes. ozite from any automotive place that can order it (it's the same stuff basically as rat fur on cabinets). about 7 bucks a yard. enough for a few boards, and you can get it in different colors.

A little contact cement on the bottom and you're done.

3. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Do you mean this stuff?

http://www.ozite.com/

Is it basically carpet?

4. sean_w_mcgrath

That stuff looks like it would do the trick, but it seems rather expensive for the velcro compatible stuff. I think I will just go with the velco strips.

Thanks!

5. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I think I want this, right?

EDIT: Screw that, that's so expensive. I thought you said it was $7...?

6. sean_w_mcgrath

Actually looking at the prices more carefully it looks like it is $99 for 8 cases of the stuff. In that case it isnt that bad.

I am still curious as to how well velcro sticks to it though. anyone know?

7. Coulda sworn I saw it for that price on Froogle. Can't remember how I worded it, but simply typing in ozite isn't getting the same results. It appears I am incorrect.

Mon

8. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Go to time out and then you can finish your supper.

9. What is wierd is it wasn't that long ago, I was making a board for "mnolansoc", and that is when I froogled it. this is really frustrating me, as I saw it in a bunch of colors from an auto supply place.

no supper for me. except for the egg on my face, unless I can find it. :meh:

10. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Hmm, i'm check out that yahoo site. Thanks for bringing it up though Mon Rominee. I'll Froogle it and maybe i'll find it real cheap.

11. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
  12. Ooops, didn't see that Sean already found it, just above...stupid me. :smug: geez.

Anyway Sean, have the "hook" part of velcro on the bottom of the pedals, and the Ozite is the "loop" part. works pretty good.

13. sean_w_mcgrath

Thanks for help!