1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pedalboard trouble while recording

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Bjazzman, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    So the last few times i tried to record my band i couldn't use my effects. i can get a clean bass and clean keyboard tone since that is going straight to the motu. The signal from the bass and keys goes as such: bass and keys into bluetube dp preamp to art t8 splitter where the signal gets split-- one to the motu and one to the tapco mixer i have. the mixer is used to take the bass and keyboard signals and out to my pedalboard. the pedalboard out goes to a channel on the motu.

i can hear my bass and keys fine but not afffected from the effects. the effects work fine on their own and all the gear works individually. what im trying to do is get 2 clean tones and one channel with my dirty di(effects) is this even possible?

i can hear the effects sometimes in the distance but not directly affected by my instruments.

how can i have 3 good channels for this then? 2 clean one dirty?

2. David1234

David1234

Jun 1, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Endorsing Artist: SWR Amplifiers
    It soulds like something simple, like you're recording the clean channel only and need to select a different motu input in your recroding sotware. How many tracks are you trying to record at once?

(I'm struggling to picture bass and keys going throughthe same effects. Do you play them both at the same time?).

What you're doing seems possible.

3. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    sometimes i play them at the same time :) but i've already assigned the imput channels in live. right now we're recording 7 channels. im using 5 of them for myself. 2 for vibes, one for bass, one for keys, and one for the effects. but for some reason that channel never works right. its assigned and if i put another instrument in there it works. im so lost.

4. bass_fish

bass_fish

Oct 26, 2006
    the Netherlands
    does the pedalboard get a signal at all? have you tried putting it in an amp, just to see if your setup works this way(so leave everything as is, just instead of going to the motu channel, take it to an amp or if you don't have an amp, take it to a motu channel of which you know it works)

maybe it's just a wrong cabel or setting on the tapco...