1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pedalboard wiring.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BassInUrFace, Mar 23, 2010.

1. I know so many of you are gonna say "get a voodoolab PP2+", well ive heard it a million trillion times before. And for a number of reasons it is easier and better for me to use 1spots.

anyway back to the question.

under neath my pedalboard i have attached a power board and put my 1spots onto that, secure with a couple of tip-ties and we're good. so all i have to do is plug the power board in and my hole board is good to go.

but my problem is that 1spots have about 2 meters of cable untill the plug. my plan is to just wind it up and attach it to the bottom of my board out of site. but i know that winding up high powered cables, in houses for example, is not good and can cause them to overheat and you know the rest........

My question is do I need to shorten the cable or because it is only 9 volts should i bother?

2. squarewave

squarewave Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    The current draw is quite low, so heat will not be an issue. Roll them up and tuck them away under the board is my suggestion.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Yup, +1.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 27, 2020