1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pedals in London?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Swimming Bird, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    Hi all,

I'm going to be in London briefly -- where do I go for pedals?

I'm looking for a selection of old stuff that isn't too expensive or things that I won't see in major brick 'n' mortar stores around the US. Or just a really large selection of generally good stuff.

Thanks!

2. Phagor

Phagor

Mar 26, 2002
    London, UK
    Your best bet is Denmark Street near Tottenham Court Road Tube station. There are various music shops here including Vintage and Rare. Their stuff is not necessarily cheap though...

denmark street london - Google Maps

I'd also recommend a trip to the Bass Gallery in Camden if you have time. Not many old pedals, but a good shop with lots of nice basses run by friendly, helpful guys.

Bass Guitars London - The Gallery Bass Merchant London U.K. Basses, bass amps and Bass Repairs in London : : : : :

Music shops, especially 'niche' ones ;-) have taken a battering in the UK in recent years, and many have closed down. Online is probably where most of us get our pedals these days.

Enjoy your trip!

3. Yorick

Yorick

Nov 10, 2006
    Denmark St. has some very nice stuff, but it's usually vastly overpriced, and quite a few places will treat you like crap. It doesn't have much of a high reputation amongst the bass fraternity on this side of the pond.
    As said, Check out the the Bass Gallery in Camden and the Bass Merchant in Colchester, which isn't too far from London.
    Also Guitar Guitar in Epsom, link below, usually have some nice pedals in.
    GUITARGUITAR - Epsom Guitar Shop | London

Nige

4. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    For a treasure trove of new and used boutique pedals check out Charlie Chandlers in Hampton Wick. It's in outer west London which might be a bit out of town depending on where you're going:

Location - Charlie Chandler's Guitar Experience

You'll probably find a better deal back home though!

5. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    Not much of Worth in London I'm afraid pedal wise. Most of the shops
    In Denmark st are full of overpriced older boss pedals and the like.

For new pedals I always go to Stompbox in northwood,a few stops on the tube from kings cross. the staff are always helpful and friendly (including dosiyanarchy from this forum!) and their selection is pretty awesome. Stompbox is the shop that http://www.effectpowersupplies.com/effect-pedals-12-c.asp operate from. You can browse their stock online and the pricing is exactly the same online as in the shop.

If you do go there tell them dudewheresmybass sent you!

6. odin70

odin70

Dec 26, 2007
    Not many peadals there but i recomend the gallery in Camden.