1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pedals Sucking tone but love the effect

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by lookjojoisplaid, Apr 7, 2006.

1. lookjojoisplaid

lookjojoisplaid

Oct 17, 2005
    San Diego
    So i love my effects but recently I have noticed that i can hear my effect going even when they are off cuz they probably aren’t true Bypass. This especially present on my Boss PN-2 and my vintage phaser pedal. My effects are going nowhere but what are my options so that they don’t interfere with my clean sound?

Cheap and efficient are a plus

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Use a looper pedal. They can be built easily, or had cheaper used. This will completely bypass all circuitry in the pedal.

3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    The kind of bypass shouldn't matter (as in, when the effect is off you should not hear it) but yeah a loooper will help.

4. The PN-2 is a great pedal, but... What you're hearing (in both pedals) isn't so much the "effect working" but just the oscillator leaking into the signal path. There's not much that can be done simply to deal with that. Bypass looper is the way to go.

5. lookjojoisplaid

lookjojoisplaid

Oct 17, 2005
    San Diego
    Can anyone recomend One that works well and is pretty cheap?

6. lookjojoisplaid

lookjojoisplaid

Oct 17, 2005
    San Diego
    What?!?!

7. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    loop-master.com
    loooper.com

8. high mileage

high mileage

Apr 17, 2006
    Rockford IL
    loop-master.com is just what I was looking for, thanks!

I was going to get one from looper.com when I was planning out what/how I was going to do my pedalboard, but it looks like he's pretty sick right now and not taking orders. Hope he gets better.