1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pedaltrain for Pedal Power

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by OriginalCrash, Sep 25, 2008.

1. I believe I've seen a couple Pedaltrain boards for sale before that said they were drilled (I believe?) for a Pedal Power... I was wondering, what exactly is being done there?

Brian

2. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The PPII has two IEC power outlets on the back. The only way a PPII fits under a Pedaltrain is if it's all the way against the back. So you have to cut out holes in the back of the Pedaltrain for the IEC cords to go through. It's four large holes actually, so not an easy thing to do in an afternoon.

3. Ah... Here I see what I believe are where the two outlets would be? I don't quite get why you'd need to make four holes, though...?

Brian

4. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I knew that was coming. ;) The Pedaltrain is made of square tubing, so each plug has to go through the outer wall and the inner wall.

5. dubsymmetry

dubsymmetry

Mar 13, 2008
    this is the case if it´s an old pedaltrain (I think)

the newer ones (like the one I have) have these 4 holes for the cables already (that´s why this rubber pads are in the picture you have linked to)

mine came with brackets to mount the pedaltrain underneath. you have to drill 2 holes for these brackets when installing the pedalpower.