1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pedaltrain Jr. + Voodoo Lab ISO 5 Question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mark Olson, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Mark Olson

Mark Olson Banned

Mar 19, 2008
    Michigan
    I have to ask because I'm not certain. I have one of the old PT Jr.'s without the power supply mount, and I would like to get a new one and a Voodoo Lab ISO 5 power supply. There are plenty of pictures of the new PT's with PP2+'s but can anyone tell me for certain that the new PT's will just as easily fit an ISO 5?

2. Wayfarer

Wayfarer

Apr 24, 2010
    Little Rock
    I too have wondered this.....

3. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    I've never seen an ISO-5 in person, but based on this photo of the ISO-5,

[​IMG]

I would assume that it can be mounted if you have the mounting brackets.

The mounting brackets are attached to the VoodooLabs PP2+ and BBE SupaCharger by unscrewing the screws on the sides of the power supply, placing the brackets over the screw holes, and replacing the screws with the brackets in place so the brackets are fixed to the power supply.

The ISO-5 seems to have the screws on it's sides aswell, so I would assume PedalTrain's provided brackets would fit.

I don't know this for sure though.

4. Mark Olson

Mark Olson Banned

Mar 19, 2008
    Michigan
    Thanks for the info! I suppose if I were to go this route I could just as easily get a PP2+ and be sure too. What to do, what to do!

5. Eric!

Eric! Commercial User

Jan 22, 2009
    America's High-Five
    Mojo Hand FX
    I have done similar research!
    The ISO-5 is the same depth and height, only it is less wide. Since you have to drill the holes for the brackets, you will do just fine!

6. Mark Olson

Mark Olson Banned

Mar 19, 2008
    Michigan
    Thanks for the info, really appreciate it! I'm contemplating a Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe 2, which I've always wanted to get since my brother had a Mini Deja Vibe, and I'll need something that'll do 18 volts to power it.

7. Mark Olson

Mark Olson Banned

Mar 19, 2008
    Michigan
    On a second look, the MDV2 is 9v anyway. Oh well!