Pedaltrain Metro + One Spot CS6

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by basso_profundo, Jan 29, 2018.

1. basso_profundo

basso_profundo

Mar 12, 2012
    Denver, CO
    I've been using a Metro 24 with the One Spot 'wall wart' for a while. It's been fine, but I wanted something with isolated/clean power + the ability to easily do 18V. But I didn't want a bigger board, I don't use a lot of pedals and the Metro form factor is great.

There are a couple slim factor power supplies for Metros nowadays, and I picked the CS6 because a) I saw a video of the Truetone guy easily mounting it to a Metro, b) it's cheaper than the others out there, and c) it has good features (6 ports, 12V/18V options, etc). The fact it requires drilling three holes into the Metro didn't bother me.

Drilling and mounting it took all of 5 minutes - tape the stencil guide to the bottom of the Metro and drill away. I have Velcro on the top of the board and just went through it with the drill bit. If the screws get loose I'll either take the Velcro off and reapply, or trim it around the holes so the screws are flush with the metal. But they seem pretty solid for now.

I got everything mounted and hooked up within 15 minutes and immediately went out the door to a 3 hour rehearsal - no problems and it sounded great. Action shot attached - I think it looks kinda cool...

Attached Files:

gscroggin and Dave W like this.
  2. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    Earth
    I’ve seen these recently, finally a worthy competitor to the Cioks DC5!

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 22, 2022