1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pedaltrain mounting bracket help needed

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by HelpImaRock, Feb 15, 2017.

1. I've owned my PTjr for about 8 years now. It's so old, it doesn't even have PP2 mounting holes. The case finally fell apart and I bought a Mono Club, which is fantastic. I've held out on buying a power supply in favor of a One Spot, but I think it's time to take that plunge. I'd like to buy the MXR ISO Brick, but I'm unsure if there will be enough clearance. It looks like the UBKT-1 bracket is the one I should get.

Can anyone confirm that the Iso Brick will have enough clearance on a first generation PTjr, and that the UBKT-1 is the right bracket? I emailed the company 2 days ago, and received an automated reply, but haven't gotten a response.

Thanks!

2. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    The ISO Brick will definitely fit. The older legacy design and the newer classic series are the same basic proportions.

I have my original legacy PT Jr. modded for a Voodoo Lab PP2+. I drilled out the back with a unibit for the power cable. It's attached with industrial strength velcro, they didn't sell mounting brackets back then. It works perfectly and has held up over the years. I've been through two of their crappy bags though...

3. My hesitation is the new Classic Jr is an inch taller than mine.

4. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Oh, I didn't realize they were slightly different. Ignore most of my whole first paragraph!

The PP2+ fits plenty fine under my legacy Jr. IIRC, the ISO Brick is smaller in every dimension so I can't see it not fitting.

Maybe buy from a place with a good return policy just in case?

5. Thanks. I'm going to give Pedaltrain some time to respond. I'm not in a rush as I'm only using 2 pedals right now anyway.

6. NortyFiner

NortyFiner Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Portsmouth VA USA
    I had one of the old PT-JR boards with a PP2+ brick mounted under it using the brackets, no problem. The only PT boards that can't mount a conventional brick underneath are the flat ones like the Mini and Nano; all the sloped PT boards have plenty of room underneath, so you'll be fine with the Iso-Brick. Just make sure that it has enough outlets for your needs; I ran into that limit with the PP2+.

7. Mine is pre-PP2 cutout. Which is my other apprehension.

8. NortyFiner

NortyFiner Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Portsmouth VA USA
    Wow, you must have an even older generation then. Could we get a pic of this old PT board? I've never seen one like that.

My PT-JR, which was the generation previous to the current one, came with a port in the back for a power cord. But I had to drill the mounting holes for the PP2+. The current generation is both taller and has an open back for easier access; I don't know if it comes pre-drilled though.

9. Wfrance3

Wfrance3 Supporting Member

May 29, 2014
    Tulsa, OK
    I have a couple years old pt jr. I wanted to get a voodoo 2 under the middle of it so I cut the bar with a dremel on the top and front side in the same width as the voodoo 2. Made just enough room for the ps to mount up flush. Worked like a champ. If you do this, don't cut the bar completely through. Just 2 of the sides. Leave the other 2 sides continuous an intact.

Hope this helps!!

10. JonnyAngle

JonnyAngle Dropping Acid Pedal Etching .com Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 24, 2008
    Maple Grove, MN
    DroppingAcidPedalEtching.com
    The classic JR > legacy boards

The psu has 1/2" clearance from the pedal deck for better cable management.

11. I found an old pic. I used to have a Van Amps Sole Mate Junior. The reverb tank mounts underneath the Pedaltrain. That's the metal box. Cool pedal.

IMAG0064.

12. For what it's worth, I'm using a One-Spot to power about 10 pedals without issue. You just need to add up each pedal's power requirement to make sure its less than the One-Spot can deliver in total. Then again, all my pedals are 9V DC, so that makes it easy.

13. I use a One Spot now. The only pedals I don't use it on are my Eventide Pitchfactor and Foxrox TZF. I'd also like an isolated power supply for my EHX Freeze. It's not that noisy, but there is some.

14. A week later, Pedaltrain got back to me: