1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pedaltrain nano plans

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by thehangingmist, Jul 11, 2016.

1. I plan to get a pedal train nano but am not sure if all of my pedals will fit on it.. these are the pedals that I will have-

Polytune2 regular. Zoom ms60b. Boss rc3. TC sub'n'up. Mxr m82

The last two are kind of en route to my location and will reach by end august really. I Don't yet know if they will play well without noise if I power them using a daisy chain and a one spot. Any clue about that? Right now the first three do fine on the daisy chain.

Now I could ditch the polytune at home and use the zoom tuner (poly is so much bettah though but maybe it can go) or get a nano+. But the nano+ is not available locally anywhere and I would like to carry around the smallest pedal board that I can with these pedals. So do you think this would work?

2. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    PedalboardPlanner.com - Plan your Perfect Guitar Pedal Board!

The only ones I would be concerned about noise with on a daisy chain is the Zoom, possibly the Boss and/or TC. Digital pedals are the ones that don't usually like sharing power, although it's not always the case. I've definitely experienced it with the Zoom pedals though!

3. the zoom did not play well once when in daisy chain, but that was with the ditto x4 which is a power hog as well

the subnup is a digital pedal i think which may want lots of juice too

but right now the zoom works nicely with the boss rc3 and polytune in the daisy chain

4. I think the nano is too small for your pedals.its basically a board for 3 boss size pedals. They'd definetly fit on a mini but then you'd be limited if you wanted to add something else. I started with a huge board and went down to a mini but I'm probably going to switch to a jr soon as I've run out of room to fit pedals and I want a board I can mount a nice power supply under.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  5. My friend has 5 polytune regular sized pedals on his nano with room to spare but am guessing it's a nano plus

6. Yeah the tc pedals are slightly smaller than a boss pedal and there nano plus is bigger than the regular nano

7. IMG-20160711-WA0006.jpg

How is that possible realy

8. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

I don't think that is a nano. My board has a polytune, a B3k, and a Diamond BCP-1 and it is pretty tight. This is the only picture I have on my comp that shows my board. I can take a better one when home if need be.

p1000865-custom-jpg.jpg

9. Bread Knife

Bread Knife

Oct 8, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    The board in that photo looks like either a Nano+ or the old PT Mini, which was even bigger. Either way, it is a larger pedalboard than a Nano. I think you might be able to fit your pedals on a Nano if you ditch the tuner, but it will be very tight if it works. The Nano+ is a much safer bet and still quite easy to carry around. I really dig mine.

10. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    The board in the photo is a PT Mini