1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pedaltrain Nano power supply?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mmbongo, Nov 6, 2016.

1. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Any updates on isolated power supplies that fit under a Nano with no modification?

Search shows only a couple of models from Cioks and that was a while back. Just wondering if anything new had come out since that time?

2. Spector2112

Spector2112

Jan 7, 2011
    Michigan
    Watching thread...

3. This is a PT Mini, might work.

20161019_040502562_iOS.jpg

4. 10cc

10cc Inactive Suspended

Oct 28, 2013
    Cioks will.

5. bucephylus

bucephylus Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 18, 2002
    General Manager TecPadz LLC
    Old thread. But, I just wanted to post up that the Cioks 5 does NOT fit under the Pedaltrain Nano; at least with hook and loop attachment.

6. TedH

TedH Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Westchester, NY
    It does for me. Took off the rubber feet, added some thin hook and loop and done. It is roughly the exact same height as the board, but I have no scratches on the bottom of the Cioks and no wobble due to imbalance. I did have to ensure it was centered enough that the cable didn't left up the nano, but it works.

7. bucephylus

Aug 18, 2002
    That's interesting. I used the hook and loop that came with the Nano; and the pedal board rocks back and forth on the power supply. BTW, I also took off the rubber feet on the power supply.

Is there a preferred "thin" hook and loop that I could try?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  8. Fun Size Nick

Fun Size Nick

Feb 21, 2006
    Hong Kong
    The Cioks DC5 comes with screws and a drilling template - that's the lowest profile (and most secure) method of installation.

Bollenator and bucephylus like this.
  9. fenix899

fenix899

Sep 11, 2010
    Singapore
    Both the CIOKS Adam and DC5 fit under the PT Nano fine. The clearance is pretty tight though, so as @Fun Size Nick said, it's best to get the board drilled and power supply attached using the screws. If you really don't want to drill, the next best option is probably something like double sided foam tape. Most velcro will likely exceed the clearance and the power supply will extend past the pedalboard's feet.

Nephilymbass and bucephylus like this.
  10. bucephylus

Aug 18, 2002
    Thanks a lot! I missed the drilling template in the box. Have to check that. So, drill and tap the Nano? How do you keep the screws from projecting above the pedal table? File them off?

11. p0k

p0k I play the bass and design things. Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Brockton, MA
    The Strymon Ojai is great, but does need a tiny bit of added height to fit cleanly under a nano board...I just got some cheap self-adhesive furniture pads and stuck them on the feet. Worked like a charm.

bucephylus likes this.
  12. jcerio

jcerio Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    I have a different idea for you to try. i have an Anker Powercore 20100 mAh USB battery. I bought a KUNCAN Dc 5v to Dc 9v Converter and a Mr.Power Reverse Polarity Converter Cable. I powered 8 1590A pedals and my Line 6 G30 for a four hour gig without any problem. My compressor and wireless were on the whole time. It hardly drained the battery. I bet you that would fit under the Nano.

Amazon.com: Mr.Power Reverse Polarity Converter Cable 5.5 X 2.1 For Keyboard Guitar Effect Pedal: Musical Instruments

Amazon.com: KUNCAN Dc 5v to Dc 9v Converter Step Up Voltage Converter 5ft Am to Dc 5.5 x 2.1mm: Electronics

bucephylus likes this.
  13. bucephylus

Aug 18, 2002
    Augmenting the feet on the Nano seems to make the most sense to me.

One problem is that the feet on my board appear to be riveted in place. yay. That certainly doesn't make modifying them very easy.

14. bucephylus

Aug 18, 2002
    Nice out of the box solution. I like it.

I'm going to try changing the feet first. If that gets too complicated, I may look at this. Thanks!

15. tom-g

tom-g

Oct 2, 2007
    I left them as is. Wasn't a problem.

16. Fun Size Nick

Fun Size Nick

Feb 21, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Just drill - the DC5 is tapped. The screw heads are pretty flat, so you're unlikely to notice them under Velcro/dual lock.

bucephylus likes this.
  17. bucephylus

Aug 18, 2002
    Thanks folks! Yup. I was doing this as you were typing. Remove just a small square from the hook on the top surface, and the flat heads sit down in the hook almost flush. Perfect!

I saw the screws when I removed the rubber feet; but, the purpose failed to register. This is definitely the way to go.

Fun Size Nick likes this.
  18. Fun Size Nick

Fun Size Nick

Feb 21, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Glad to hear it! :):thumbsup:

bucephylus likes this.
  19. TedH

TedH Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Westchester, NY
    d
    Didn't get any with the Nano, just got some off of ebay or Home Depot or something. The drilling solution is also interesting as is the thicker feet. At least you have options!

teopatl and bucephylus like this.
  20. Nick von Nick

Nick von Nick Supporting Member

Oct 29, 2014
    Upstate NY
    I was able to mount a CIOKS DC-5 under my Nano without a hitch! All it took was a drill and some patience.

Board Power Supply.jpg
    I really love how this makes the pedalboard a single unit, per se; I like that I've been able to install everything (pedals, DI, power supply) so that it functions as a solid, cohesive instrument in its own right!

Best,
    ~Nick "Klaus" G.

osv and bucephylus like this.