1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pedaltrain Re-Volt

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Aug 1, 2012.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Any ideas when this will be out?

[​IMG]

Pedaltrain have announced a new rechargable pedalboard power supply called the Pedaltrain Re-Volt. We think Pedaltrain make some of the best pedal boards around so we reckon they know a thing or two about getting a pedal board up and running. A good powersupply is vital on any pedalboard whether its just a handful of pedals or a huge multi-board setup but sometimes the convinience of batterys is attractive: no need for a mains connection means you aren't tied down to keeping you board in reach of a socket. The Pedaltrain Re-Volt gives you the best of both worlds by allowing you to charge up a dedicated power supply from a mains outlet and then use it wtihout a mains connection as though running off batteries (just without having to rip 30 pedals off your board to change the battery in each one individually!).

www.andertons.co.uk/namm/Pedaltrain-Re-Volt-Rechargable-Pedalboard-Power-Supply

2. Crater

Crater

Oct 12, 2011
    Dallas, TX area
  3. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Yeah I'm more interested in something designed exactly for the pedaltrain stuff, also hoping it's cheaper

4. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    i mean, it's neat and all... but i never understood stuff like this. VERY few of us that are using effects are busking, and unless you have something like the PJBZ Stuff.... don't you still need a power source for your amp?

but yeah. stuff designed to fit in PT boards = GOOD.

5. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    In my mind, it's just one less cable to plug in, most of our shows are 30-35 minutes with very quick change overs.

Also cool when jamming to just have it ready to go.

6. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    yah. i guess i mean, i'm not hating on the idea at all, it just seems weird to me. if i'm already leashed to a power source for my amp or whatever, then it becomes more of a concern over Did I Charge It then i'd want to deal with.

but i kinda hate having anything that's off a battery. only thing i use in my setup like that is the Source Hot Hand ring. and i'm CONSTANTLY skeered i'll need it and have forgotten to charge it.

7. G3Mitch

G3Mitch

Feb 8, 2011
    New Zealand
    i'm with ya dewg.
    its not something i'd be bothered with, recharging n ****, i'd most likely forget.

8. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    yeppers. super neat that there's an option, but again, unless the whole rigs battery powered, i don't see the point.

9. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I tend to agree. It's not a product that I could see myself benefiting from because I don't find my one power supply cable to be that restricting v. the risk of losing all power to all pedals from low voltage. Plus if it's anything like most batteries it will have a limited number of functional charge cycles which is likely lower than the expected duration of my pp2+.

10. I was thinking the exact same thing. It is an interesting idea from some last minute type of jams and stuff though.

11. Crater

Crater

Oct 12, 2011
    Dallas, TX area
    Ah, but there IS a point,and it's not for busking. Ground loops and the AC humming and buzzing that come with it are a big and annoying problem with pedalboards. Yes, they make isolated power supplies, but that's yet another cord to string out and potentially trip over during a gig or practice.

A battery-powered pedalboard eliminates any potential ground loop issues, and supplies "clean" power to the pedals. Less noise in your signal chain, and easier and simpler setup. If I hadn't just bought a ISO-5 power supply last month, I would seriously consider one of these.

12. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Beta Tester: Source Audio
    I'm interested in this for my PT Nano gigging board. Makes setup that much simpler. The battery life they are saying is enough that I probably would only have to charge it once a month with the pedals I use. I don't think it would be useful for a bigger,more complicated board, but for a grab and go thing like a mini or a Nano, it should be perfect. I'll be getting one for my Nano.

13. TomA1234

TomA1234

Jul 27, 2009
    Fareham, England
    Anyone found anything on the capacity of this thing?