1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pedaltrain vs. T-Rex ToneTrunk

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jetofuj, Apr 7, 2009.

1. jetofuj

jetofuj

Jun 16, 2008
    PL
    I've been looking for a nice pedalboard and Pedaltrain 2-SC immediately came to my mind. Later on I've discovered Pedaltrain 1-HC but unfortunately you cannot buy it on-line. Then I've found T-Rex ToneTrunk which looks exactly like the Pedaltrain (I think it is PT's clone):

[​IMG]

Good thing is that one of the stores in my hometown can order one for me and it would be a little bit cheaper than Pedaltrain 2-SC, which I would have to order from Germany myself.

And the question: is anyone familiar with ToneTrunk and thinks that Pedaltrain is better?

2. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    I like the case. The hard case for the PT is very bulky in comparison. As long as the actual board is made of aluminium so it's just as light as the PT then it looks good to me. The PT softcase is really convenient, weighs next to nothing and has a shoulder strap, although lacks protection as it has next to no padding.

Can't really say whether one lump of slatted aluminium is better than the other one though, there's probably not much in it!

3. I've got a Tone Trunk, with a soft case, and can only say good things about both. However, if I were to tour or gig more, I'd get one with a hard case, for added protection.

4. ScottB.

ScottB.

Sep 14, 2008
    Devon, UK
    Anyone got real life pics of the pedaltrain soft case?

5. jetofuj

jetofuj

Jun 16, 2008
    PL
    I got ToneTrunk 55 in hard case today and I immediately sent it back. Why? Interior was horrible. There was no foam of any kind, only some kind of very thin gum that had holes from pedalboard already. Moreover this gum was partially unsticked. Horror.

Case is much more bigger than the frame. I can see in my imagination how it flies with my effects all over the box. I won't risk.

6. jetofuj

jetofuj

Jun 16, 2008
    PL
    After 3 weeks I got another ToneTrunk and it was worse than the first one. The whole case was in scratches and paint on frame was chipped along edges. Horrible. I sent it away and this time I'm getting my money back.

I hope that Pedaltrain products are better quality.

P.S. The case was NEW from official distributor :scowl:

7. phatbass30

phatbass30

Dec 24, 2006
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Groove is in the heart!!!
    i got a ToneTrunk few years back, the soft case is not that durable. and after setting up my pedals, the next day it all came off! velcro came with it sucks!

i'm very happy with my PT Mini and PT Jr now.

8. jetofuj

jetofuj

Jun 16, 2008
    PL
    Do you now use velcro that came with PT?

9. phatbass30

phatbass30

Dec 24, 2006
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Groove is in the heart!!!
    yes. and it holds my pedals really well. no problems.