1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pedalworx Compressor

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CrackBass, Sep 24, 2005.

1. CrackBass

CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    huntsville,AL
    a local guy here in huntsville, Bob Mcbroom, builds his own line of pedals. my guitar player got a compressor from him and i tried it out on my bass. needless to say now i've got one. it's called a Mcsqueeze and is based on the vintage orange squeezer circuit. i have used it on two gigs so far and i'm lovin' it. it might not be everybody's cup of tea, but it does exactly what i need. (and it's killer on guitar too) it sounds "just transparent enough" i mean it adds just a hint of that compressed sound (which i like) but doesn't kill your high end or destroy your tone. it evens out your dynamics enough to keep heavy slapping under control and lets you play fingerstyle with a light touch, but allows you to back off and get a little quieter when you need to be. this might not be everybody's pedal but it definately works for me. i guess to compare it with a standard that everybody has heard, the boss cs-3 isn't even from the same planet as the mcsqueeze. the ce-3 is a tone sucking monster wheras the mcsqueeze is a subtle musical sounding godsend for me. and you can also bypass the comp and use it as a transparent clean boost.

anyway you might want to check it out if you're in the market for a comp pedal. he has a web site. just google pedalworx. btw i am not affiliated in anyway with pedalworx and i paid for the pedal. (although bob cuts locals a little bit of a deal sometimes, understandable)