Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pedalworx Compressor

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CrackBass, Sep 24, 2005.

1. CrackBass

CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    huntsville,AL
    a local guy here in huntsville, Bob Mcbroom, builds his own line of pedals. my guitar player got a compressor from him and i tried it out on my bass. needless to say now i've got one. it's called a Mcsqueeze and is based on the vintage orange squeezer circuit. i have used it on two gigs so far and i'm lovin' it. it might not be everybody's cup of tea, but it does exactly what i need. (and it's killer on guitar too) it sounds "just transparent enough" i mean it adds just a hint of that compressed sound (which i like) but doesn't kill your high end or destroy your tone. it evens out your dynamics enough to keep heavy slapping under control and lets you play fingerstyle with a light touch, but allows you to back off and get a little quieter when you need to be. this might not be everybody's pedal but it definately works for me. i guess to compare it with a standard that everybody has heard, the boss cs-3 isn't even from the same planet as the mcsqueeze. the ce-3 is a tone sucking monster wheras the mcsqueeze is a subtle musical sounding godsend for me. and you can also bypass the comp and use it as a transparent clean boost.

anyway you might want to check it out if you're in the market for a comp pedal. he has a web site. just google pedalworx. btw i am not affiliated in anyway with pedalworx and i paid for the pedal. (although bob cuts locals a little bit of a deal sometimes, understandable)