1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pedro town...

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by BoognishMang, Sep 3, 2002.

1. Glad to hear you back here.

I see that you moved, but stayed in Pedro...

Saying that I have traveled extensively as a merchant marine, and got a chance to visit San Pedro and the Long Beach on several occasions. Maybe it's just me, but after visiting the area, I feel that I have a better understanding of your music.
    I adopted Contemplating the Engine Room as my own soundtrack... Long hours in the boiler room, having to deal with the old man (sometimes old woman, ha ha), liberty calls, etc.

I left that glorious life to become a musician, and what better city than Austin, Texas.

...I really don't know what my point is here. I don't have any questions to ask as I have read numerous interviews from magazines to NPR to all the newbie questions here on this forum. I also got a chance to have a brief conversation with you when you played La Zona Rosa here in Austin

I just want to thank you for finding time to talk to fans and fellow musicians about anything and everthing.

-Mark Arroyo

2. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

mark,

thank you very much for the kind words.

best of luck for you w/music there in austin. glad you have good pedro memories.

on bass, watt