Pedro's Line 6 Bass POD XT thread

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by pedro, May 20, 2007.

1. CElton

CElton I'm a new note finder...

Yep. Set the EQ flat and begin tweaking. Try various cab and amp model combinations add some effects or whatever you want.

2. pedro

pedro

Apr 5, 2000
    Madison, WI.
    [[Set the EQ flat and begin tweaking.

EQ? How do I do that?

3. CElton

Well, if you don't have the "eq" button engaged, the parametric eq it is not on. The Low, Low Mid, High Mid, and High knobs should be at all the way down, 12 o'clock, 12 o'clock, and all the way down respectively.

I find that the para eq is very helpful in dialing in fullness.

4. pedro

pedro

Apr 5, 2000
    Madison, WI.
    [[Well, if you don't have the "eq" button engaged,

I don't see anything on my BassPOD that says eq.

5. CElton

I forgot you have the Pod not the XT. I'm not sure how you access your parametric eq, but I'm pretty sure you have one.

6. pedro

pedro

Apr 5, 2000
    Madison, WI.
    Ok I’ll look thru the manual and see where or how the parametric EQ is engaged. BTW a couple more questions for your veterans.

1. Why is it that when I pick an amp model but not the preset I get so little volume?
    2. Has anybody ever compared these amp models to the real thing?
    3. Has anybody been as surprised as I am as to which amp models you like most? I’m really finding it surprising how much I like the Bassman and the Jazz.

7. CElton

You will have to set the volume and drive level for each patch you create. Set to the desired volume as this is a saveable setting.

I have never A/B'd them, but they seem pretty close.

I really like the Eden WT300(Adam & Eve) and the Aguilar DB750(Jaguar).

8. pedro

pedro

Apr 5, 2000
    Madison, WI.
    [[You will have to set the volume and drive level for each patch you create. Set to the desired volume as this is a saveable setting.

Really? Seems silly.

[[I really like the Eden WT300(Adam & Eve) and the Aguilar DB750(Jaguar).

Did that surprise you?

9. CElton

Not really. I was more surprised or more overwhelmed actually by all of the possibilities. I really only change patches a few times during a gig.

10. pedro

pedro

Apr 5, 2000
    Madison, WI.
    I'm considering one of the Bill Fitzmaurice cabinets and it'll be interesting to hear how they interpret the Bass POD, since its supposed to be a more hi-fi reproduction of the bass and amp than the standard cabinet.

11. CElton

Yes. I have been following that thread as well. I think the O10 would be a nice cabinet. I think there are 2 10.5's for sale in the TB classifieds. They look great and would be a nice modular stack.

12. pedro

pedro

Apr 5, 2000
    Madison, WI.
    The appeal would be to really get the sounds of these amp models out to the audience.

13. F-Clef-Jef

F-Clef-Jef

Nov 13, 2006
    Neenah, WI
    Hey Pedro -
    So how is the Pod working out for you? I've been loving my Pod XTL (guitar version with the bass packs) with the Variax bass (and Variax guitar) - so much fun, so much tweaking!

Update us please!

14. pedro

pedro

Apr 5, 2000
    Madison, WI.
    My son fell in love with it when he was last home from music school and took it with him. Last I heard he was using it pretty regular.

15. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

I found that the PODxt started to muddy my sound at high volumes (gigs).

I sold it and bought a Sansamp RBI. The SansAmp sounds great and isn't nearly as complicated as the PODxt.

The POD is great for practicing or trying to emulate certain bass sounds but not easy to work with on as gig IMO.

16. pedro

pedro

Apr 5, 2000
    Madison, WI.
    Seems to me that the SansAmp and the POD serve different purposes.

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 21, 2021