Pedulla, anyone?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Brendan, Oct 31, 2001.

1. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

c-ba55, I agree. The 55-94 has a better B, but to my ears it's bland compared to the tone of the Rapture J2.

PhillipHolbrook likes this.
  2. Man, I've been waiting for the word to get out about Pedullas. I've had a Hexabuzz for 9 years and it's got incredible mwah. EVERYONE in live performance (we're talking concerts where people actually listen) and on studio recordings has raved about it's looks and tone.
    (Mine has the JJ pickup configuration).

Yes, they are very comfortable to play and hold-especially in the classical guitar position. The uppermost 2 or 3 "frets" can be a bit of a reach but not too hard.

I'm currently in search of a used/mint MVP fretted 6 in gold, light gold if anyone's got one. (email me!)

I'd recommend one (0bviously) to anyone! I do not understand why they are so overlooked. In Bass Player Magazine's early days they were kind of the darlings of the bass world along with Tobias. I think that Pedulla has all the work they need right now and don't advertise as much. Jim T.

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yep indeedy. I got one o' them ThunderBolt 5 fretless. It is a superb sounding, growly thang with lotsa mwah. I got the TBT electronics in it ... works mighty beetchen. The close string spacing too ... it feels so cozy. It's a purty leetle thang, too. AAA flame under amber burst. Took me a while to get used to it, but I like it now.

4. bdengler

bdengler

Jan 23, 2000
    New Albany, Ohio
    Brendan,

About 10 years ago I had a Buzz bass. It had the best growl on the market, IMHO. You can't go wrong with a Pedulla. It was very clear, great sustain. My only criticism was that it wasn't as strong on the bottom (warm and dark) as I would have liked it. I sold it for one reason: to convert to an upright; now, 10 years later, I'm coming back to getting a new ax because some pieces in my church group call for Bass guitar.

Good luck.

5. Pedulla has magic tone.

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

Dengler, I love the Buzz. Almost bought a PentaBuzz. Then I played a Zon Sonus Custom fretless 5.

I bought the Zon.

But, I still love the Buzz. I had GAS for one for 20 years. I was really hard not to buy a PentaBuzz. Who knows, maybe someday I will.

7. Doh!!! I almost played one last time I was at GC.....

That does`nt count does it?:rolleyes:

They look nice but the price tag was a bit intimidating to me I guess(2k+).

8. I exclusively played Pedulla MVPs for over 20 years. Got I. A bind and sold mine and have been trying ever since to afford to replace it. They are the best playing and sounding basses on the planet IMO. I know this is a very old thread, but I had to share my love for Pedulla

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 19, 2022