Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pedulla Bass owners

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Impulsee, Jan 7, 2003.

1. ok get this. SOme grades came home in my parents E-mail and it said i have an F in math (whats new). Well anyways, my mom was really mad about my bad grade. That same day i got a big package i sent away for from pedulla basses which has prices, pictures, places to buy them, ect. Anyhoo i was ranting and raveing about them and my mom said "Nick (thats me) if you get straght A's and B's next term, ill buy you a pedulla rapture. MY DREAM BASS, AAAAAAAAAA. Anyhoo, after pissing my pants 10000 times, i just figured id ask. Are they pretty good basses??~?? The bass player from Muse uses one, and hes my favorite bass player. Iv never herd them outside of muse and iv never played one. Im probably gonna go to chicago and try one soon becase there are no guitar centers in Cedar Rapids Iowa. How are raptures??~?? are they worth the hefty sum??~??

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    A Rapture for good grades?

DAMN BOY. Can I get adopted? Sheeeeeeiiiiiitttttttt.

Anyway, they are just as good as any top quality bass out there, and stack up very favorably with all of the competition, from Sadowsky to Fodera to Modulus and back. Excellent basses. I'd own one any day. Most people concur.

3. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    4 out of 5 Mark's concur...

4. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    Well, I'd rather have a MVP or a pentabuzz, but the Raptures are great too.

Mark (one of the 4)

5. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    If all you have to do is get good grades in math in order to get a Pedulla Rapture consider yourself lucky. She could have told you to go get a damn job. BTW, the Rapture bass is slammin!!!

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    That's why MY mom said. All my bass and computer gear comes from my pocket. Which makes me respect the value of the buck a whole lot more than if my folks bought any of my gear.

7. I know what you mean. I bought all my amps and my other bass's my self. But i currently dont have a job, and i mean..how could i turn down a free rapture. EVen thought they buy it for me, im gonna treat it better then anything....its gonna get dunlop 65 every night so its shinyy ^_^.

8. JehuJava

JehuJava Bass Frequency Technician

Oct 15, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    I've only played around on a rapture but it definitely sound great. Lots of Ton options. I agree with tuBass, I'd rather have a MVP or Buzz. I owned a buzz for quite a while and loved it. I sold it out of spite and regretted it ever since. I now have a series II and it's sounds pretty good. I mostly slap with it though. I just prefer a fretless sound and feel, like my warwick. But I won't get rid of the Series II...it's a fun bass.
    Al

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yep. Raptures rule.

10. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Well there's your answer, right there. You know if Munji approves, then you can do no wrong. (unless you play it through anything other than Eden 10s) :D

11. Are Raptures anygood for slapping and pulling??~?? THey arent my main thing, but i do like to slap every once in a while and pull and crap, are they pretty good??~??

12. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    Rapture's are great. If you get a 5, it has one of the best B strings on the planet. However, I'd rather have a an MVP or Pentabuzz also.

13. Work hard, bro.

They are great basses.

Aloha,

Jonathan
    kalepa@maui.net

14. I don't want to repeat myself al the time, but search Rapture on the forum and you'll find What I think about my Rapture. In a word : MARVELLOUS (I got the one with single soapbar).

15. TRU

TRU

Apr 12, 2002
    Northern Europe
    So, all you have to do for a great bass is to rise your math grade from F to A or B? I don't want to ruin your fun, but how likely is that to happen? You definetely should try as hard as you can just for the sake of your own future, but if you got F....

16. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Impulsee...if you get good grades, you may get into a great University. If you work hard there, you may be able to get into a top rated graduate program or med, or law school. If you do well there, you can set yourself up with a high-earning profession.

Then you can buy 2 or 3 Pedullas.

How does that sound? Much better than looking at yourself in the mirror with a Pedulla Rapture and eventually realizing how spoiled it all makes you feel.

Unless having someone give you somthing for only doing what is expected of you anyway makes you feel like you've accomplished something.

One day you'll realize that HAVING or GETTING can never match the feeling you get from DOING or BEING.

Good luck on the grades though. I hope you get all A's.

17. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    This statement is so right on the money it's almost Zenlike. I'm going to quote you in my sig Zulu.

18. BlacksHole

BlacksHole

Mar 22, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    I have an MVP and I'll also chime in and say that Pedullas are great basses. Good luck on the grades - it's pretty hard to bring an F up to an A.

19. OnederTone

OnederTone Aguilar Everywhere Gold Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    Impulsee- I'm not trying to crap on your parade but- your logic excapes me

you send away for the catalog- go ape over the pictures in front of your parents and then **** yourself when they BRIBE YOU to do WHAT YOU SHOULD BE DOING ANYWAY---

Then ask us if it's a cool bass? Like that would change your mind?!?!?!?!

If I were your mom the deal would be off the table (if I were your mom- there wouldn't be a deal... get thee to thy tutor NOW) with the likelyhood that you bring your grades up for the next period- for me to shell out $2k for a bass you might not want by the next time period when you fail another class!

And it's your dream bass because the guy from Muse (who?) plays one? WTH?!?!?!

you want. period. a useless persuit that will result in nothing...

20. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    Yep. He ain't lyin'.

Your Pedulla won't mean a lot to you when you have to pawn it to pay the rent. Get an education. Gain a skill. Get a job, and then you can buy yourself your own Pedulla.

But, it you wish to dream aimlessly about something, A Pedulla isn't such a bad subject.

And since we are ragging you, are you the same guy that ask pretty much the same thing in this thread:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69916

I realize that most aren't going to do a search, but I think it is reasonable to ask people to read their own threads!!!!

Chas