Pedulla Bass's

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Impulsee, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Probably my favorite band, is the band Muse. The bass player (chris) uses a pedulla rapture bass. I was just wondering if anyone out there had a pedulla bass and if there pretty good or not. there about $3000.00 so thats pretty steep just to grab one with out trying it out. anyone know where to try a pedulla??~??

theres the site.
  2. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    well,'s an mvp for 1500 used, man...there's so much good stuff out there for awesome deals it ain't even funny. i've tried the raptures, the thunderbasses, the mvp's and the buzz basses....personally, i like the buzz/mvp basses better then the other stuff. ymmv

pedulla mvp 5 @ bass northwest
  3. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I have a Rapture J2 five string. Pretty much a jazz bass. I think the quality of build, playability and tone of Pedulla is on par with pretty much any maker out there at about any price.

They certainly hold their own against any comparatively priced instrument and complete well against others that cost much more.

I also give them thumbs up for consistancy. Pretty much every new one I have played has been very nice. There aren't too many builders out there that every bass that rolls is top notch. Modulus would be another.

Did I mention I also have a Modulus?

4. Good idea to try before you buy....

I've played the MVP, Buzz, and Thunderbass. Loved the MVP and Thunder in a sick, obsessive sort of way. They have tone that makes me go "((GULP)) Sommina Beetch, that sounds GOOD!!"

Keep looking locally for a Pedulla to try before committing. Be sure you like it, first and foremost.

5. ...wish I had 1500 bones to spare...mmmmmmmmmmm......pedulla.....

6. Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Yes, Pedullas are very nice. I have a friend who has 2 of them. They are both awesome. Nearly as nice as my Fodera. As far as bang for buck I think Pedulla is the one. I did setup on my friends basses and was amazed at how well they can be set up. The truss rod reacts very quickly. A little went a long way. Played very well with super low action and sounded great. Buy used!!! As stated above there are tons of them out there.
  7. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    That's hot. I wonder why no one's snapped it up.
  8. Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    OOh, I missed that bass the first time. That's very nice!!! Killer top(er wings I mean), great color and the fingerboard smokes. Oh and P/J pups too that's too much!

Fortunately I have the cure for gas at my house otherwise I would be out selling organs er something.
  9. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    yeah, that mvp is nice...plays and sounds great too...for some reason, great basses seem to stagnate at bassnw. they have tons of great stuff there.
  10. I really like the sound the reapture gives chris on the muse live dvd and all there songs and stuff. anyone have a rapture??~?? are they worth the money??~?? nice??~?/ DETAILS AAAAAAA...^_^
  11. I heartily encourage you to buy a Pedulla. I've had a six string Hexabuzz (fretless) for over 10 years. It's got a fantastic sound with Jazz pups and a sleek neck. The MVPs sound and feel best to me also. I've liked the Raptures and Thunders I've played but the neck through sound turns me on more. You can find 4s and 5s at Guitar Centers.

My MVP has been used in the studio on many recordings and it always sounds good regardless of style.
    I also own a Fodera and feel that the Pedulla is of comparable quality at a MUCH lower cost.

Go for it!
  12. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Chasarms has a Rapture, did you see his post? Third from the top?

It used to be mine. Great bass, if you want a Jazz style 5 string. I really liked it a lot, but I have fallen out of love with the Jazz tone and I wasn't playing it very much. It's a shame to let a nice bass like that go unplayed, so I sold it.

I have never seen a bad Pedulla. They all play good, sound good and have excellent fit & finish.

Some day, when I have the money, I will own either a Rapture P/J 5 or an MVP 5.

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I bought my first Pedulla (hexabuzz with J pu's) in June of is one of the best basses on the market.I have used it on many recordings and live and it has never let me down. the MVP(fretted) and the buzz(fretless) series is one of the few basses that I have picked up or taken off the rack and played very well sometimes needing very minor ajustments.if who happens to be the bassist of the month decides to pick one up Im sure then will people take notice.why wait when you can be ahead of the game.if you go to the TB thread Show us your Fretless there is a pic of me with it live.
  14. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Here's my ThunderBolt 5 fretless. This bass rules. While they list at about $3,100, you shouldn't pay more than $2,100 or $2,200 for a new one. Perfect used ones are at about $1,400 to $1,500.

15. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Maybe this is a better shot.

16. Munji,

You little weasel, that thing is too cool!!!

I'm not jealous, just resentfully envious.

:eek: :rolleyes: :( :D

17. will someone explain the big 5 string craze??~?? iv played 5's and stuff, but idk i just dont think there that great. i never really use B. idk, too low. maby im just dumb, i just dont dig on 5's.
  18. i've played a pentabuzz, and i really can't get into the neck. it's very wide, and very thin. not my style. it would definitely take some getting used to.
  19. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

What's to explain?

5 more low notes are nice. What is even nicer is being able to play in E at the fifth fret, instead of having to use an open string. Or playing in Ab at the 9th fret, instead of at the 4th fret. And I play at church. A lot of our songs are written in D, Eb and B. Those low notes come in handy to end a verse, or a song. And it is really nice to be able to play a two octave run without shifting my hand.

Some of the music that I write has more tonal range than a 4 string offers. One of my originals uses everything from the low C to the highest G on my six string. Yeah, those notes are available in different octaves on a 4 string, but I wanted them in the range that a 6 offers. And I like to play double stops and chords too. You can do that on a 4, but close voicings sound like mud in the lower register, and wider voicings are impossible with my small hands. On a 6, no problem. I can play wider voicings, or play a root in the bass and play a doublestop an octave+ above that.
  20. I have exactly the same Pedulla Rapture as shown on this picture (this is the guy from Muse).
    I found it new for around 1200$ in France few months ago, and it is a 1996 model (lasting hidden in the shop for 6 years !!!).
    I bought it because it was the best bass I have ever player: sound, comfort, weight ... all good.
    It really has a JazzBass/Precision vibe. I've only tried the Soapbar version, but the J/J and P/J must be very good too.
    Really, you can't go wrong with a Rapture ...