1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Pedulla Buzz Bass - nice early one

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by xnewyorka, Jul 11, 2019.

1. xnewyorka

xnewyorka Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2006
    NYC Area
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    Early Pedulla Buzz bass in good condition for its age.
    All original, electrically and mechanically perfect, a few cosmetic imperfections consistent with its age and normal use.
    The microscopic lines on the glass-like fingerboard from the string windings are visible to the eye but not serious enough to be felt at all. The fingerboard still feels like glass.
    Really nice low action, plenty of mwah, and very light weight (8.0 lbs) and comfortable.
    Three piece maple neck, maple body, ebony fingerboard.
    Comes with rectangular hardshell case in excellent condition.
    20180909_133429.

Here is a nice example of what a Pedulla fretless can sound like in capable hands:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  2. ElliottStrong

ElliottStrong Music City via the Motor City Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Nashville/ Detroit
    This is on Ebay too right?

3. xnewyorka

Jun 26, 2006
    NYC Area
    Thanks for pointing that out. No, S/N 866 is on ebay, and it doesn't have the hard polyurethane coating on the fingerboard. Since it does look like it's still there on the sides of the board, the owner probably sanded it off the playing surface to deaden the tone, or because he didn't like how it looked or felt.

Mine is S/N 879, made around the same time, but still fully intact as originally built. Also, I don't have a thumb rest added on mine. I would expect a pretty big tone difference between the two. The hard coating was not put on the fingerboard just for looks.

Same exact color though!

Some more photos of mine are here, which is where I bought it from:
    "MV Pedulla Buzz Bass" Gear
    I am pretty sure that seller had the year wrong, as I think it's a 1984.
    I'm not positive though - Pedulla could confirm based on the S/N.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    westrock and jebmd like this.
  4. ElliottStrong

ElliottStrong Music City via the Motor City Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Nashville/ Detroit

That's nuts, now that I compare, I see the differences. Crazy that the colors are the same out of all the colors. His is probably an MVP defretted.

5. xnewyorka

Jun 26, 2006
    NYC Area
    Sale PENDING.