Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pedulla - Buzz vs. Rapture fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Saint Michael, Apr 2, 2004.

1. I'm ordering a Pedulla but I can't decide on which to get first, The Buzz fretless or a Rapture J2 (4-string) with the fretless option. I plan to eventually own a Buzz, a Thunderbass ET(5 string fretted) and a Rapture (fretless 4). I was hoping some Pedulla owners or those that have experienced playing Pedulla could offer some advice and opinions to help me decide. Thanks.

2. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    I have a Buzz fretlesss 4-string, and a Jazz 2000 fretted 5-string.
    If it was me, I would get a rapture 4-string with single bart.
    pickup, with fretless option-go with diamondboard coating on fingerboard.
    Just my two cents.
    Good luck

3. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    I have a Thunderbolt (4 string fretted). I'm planning to get a fretless Pedulla and I am currently trying to decide which one to get as well. I've played the Buzz with P/J pups at my local GC. That bass has an amazing voice and really "sings." I've only played fretted Raptures, so I can't comment on the fretless version. I would agree with the above advice about getting the Diamondkote fretboard. You may want to call and talk to Mike Pedulla about the differences in tone/sustain/etc. I think there's more to it than just neckthrough vs. bolt-on. He's very accessible and usually returns calls if you can't reach him initially. Whichever Pedulla you choose, you will not be disappointed. ;)

4. Shri

Shri

Feb 25, 2003
    France, Paris
    why a rapture J2? have you tried one?? i can't find one in france... :( how does it sound compared to the thunderbird also fretted?