1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pedulla - Buzz vs. Rapture fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Saint Michael, Apr 2, 2004.

1. I'm ordering a Pedulla but I can't decide on which to get first, The Buzz fretless or a Rapture J2 (4-string) with the fretless option. I plan to eventually own a Buzz, a Thunderbass ET(5 string fretted) and a Rapture (fretless 4). I was hoping some Pedulla owners or those that have experienced playing Pedulla could offer some advice and opinions to help me decide. Thanks.

2. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    I have a Buzz fretlesss 4-string, and a Jazz 2000 fretted 5-string.
    If it was me, I would get a rapture 4-string with single bart.
    pickup, with fretless option-go with diamondboard coating on fingerboard.
    Just my two cents.
    Good luck

3. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    I have a Thunderbolt (4 string fretted). I'm planning to get a fretless Pedulla and I am currently trying to decide which one to get as well. I've played the Buzz with P/J pups at my local GC. That bass has an amazing voice and really "sings." I've only played fretted Raptures, so I can't comment on the fretless version. I would agree with the above advice about getting the Diamondkote fretboard. You may want to call and talk to Mike Pedulla about the differences in tone/sustain/etc. I think there's more to it than just neckthrough vs. bolt-on. He's very accessible and usually returns calls if you can't reach him initially. Whichever Pedulla you choose, you will not be disappointed. ;)

4. Shri

Shri

Feb 25, 2003
    France, Paris
    why a rapture J2? have you tried one?? i can't find one in france... :( how does it sound compared to the thunderbird also fretted?