Pedulla ET Thunderbass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AffinityBass, Jul 25, 2005.

1. AffinityBass

Jun 28, 2005
    Marlboro, NJ
    I've taken a liking (asteticly speaking, anyways) to the Pedulla ET Thunderbass. I've played the Pedulla MVP before and loved the way it felt and sounder, but I'm not the biggest fan of the body shape. Like I said, though, I like the way the Thunderbass looks.

What I'm asking here is if it's tonally versatile. I do a lot of Jaco-esque jazz-fusion style of playing, but also do loads of slap and tap. I'm also very much into playing music in the vein of Progressive Rock/Metal (i.e. Dream Theater or Rush).

Obviously, I’d have to try the bass out before spending the money on it, but before I go hunting for one, I want to know if you think that this bass would sufficiently fit my style of playing.
  2. I owned one and sold it for lack of versatility. I loved what it did, but it was always doing it. Very solid, rich, clear tones with big sustain. Not maybe the best for jaco/progressive stuff. I sold it and got a rapture, which looks the same, and is mega-versatile. I have a 3-band preamp on mine, and 2 jazz pickups, and it does really anything.
    The ET series are really gorgeous tops. The Rapture 2000 has nice flame/quilt, if you're looking for pretty. And if you ask nice, he'd probably put an ET top on a Rapture.
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    I've got an 8 string thunderbass and as for the prog rock sound its got it in spades
  4. lowrez

lowrez no.

Nov 27, 2004
    New Englandish
    I have an ET-5 Thunderbass, great instrument no complaints. I'd swap it for an et-4 though in a heartbeat or even an mvp, I kinda progressed backwards on string count. such a shame! :) Oh, yeah! it should fit your playing style fine imho!.