Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pedulla ET5Thunderbass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 440Hz, Jun 1, 2004.

1. 440Hz

440Hz

Nov 17, 2003
    Midwest
    I just recently bought a used Thunderbass ET5. It is THE nicest bass i have EVER played by far. This may sounds ridiculous to try and use on a bass that has such a remarkable clean tone, but normally i play with a Boss ODB bass overdrive out of an old late '70's Ibanez bass. When using the same preamp config with the Pedulla, I get a huge volume gain decrease, as well as overall tone (especially the lows) cut. Is this because this $100 pedal is not designed to play a $3000 bass or active circuitry? I really love the bass, but i MUST have overdrive as I use it %95 of the time dirty.

Any info on this would be GREATLY appreciated.

2. 440Hz

440Hz

Nov 17, 2003
    Midwest
    Noone has anything to share about this bass? this is boggling. I need to find out quick as I have a big gig THIS sat and wanna play my Pedulla out.

3. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    I had the same problem with Pedullas. I wound up installing new pickups that were voiced for more bottom end. Look into the BC series Bartolinis.I always thought that the barts that come with the Padulla's were very thin sounding.I switched to MM Stingray 5's and couldn't be happier.But,got to Bartolinis' website and get Tom Wagners (sales rep) phone number,he can help you out. Good luck.

4. 440Hz

440Hz

Nov 17, 2003
    Midwest
    I dont think that it's really not enough low end coming outta the bass itself; there is tons of low end, and more if i want it from the Bart preamp. Its when i turn ON the overdrive pedal that it starts sounding horrible. Maybe its just a low battery in the pedal? I'm gonna try that and see if it remedies it.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

5. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    i dont have any suggestions, but something does sound like its not working properly, maybe teh pedal.

i own and regualrly use my Pedulla Thunderbass T5 through my SWR IOD, and OD is never a problem