1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Pedulla Hexabuzz fretless 6-string PRICE DROP

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ad9000, Mar 10, 2016.

1. ad9000

ad9000 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2004
    Leucadia, CA
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    This very beautiful instrument was produced in 2000. I've owned it since 2005, during which time it has only seen occasional studio use. It is in great condition, and the electronics work perfectly. Cosmetically, the only issues, and they are minor, would be: Some oxidation of the metal parts (primarily the tuning keys), a 3 or 4mm shallow dent at the lower corner of the control cavity cover (which I tried to show in one of the photos in the attached slideshow), and a few tiny, barely visible dings elsewhere. Also, and this is hard to avoid if you use roundwounds on fretless Pedullas, there are some scratch marks on the fingerboard - in this case primarily below where the E, A and D strings travel over the 1st to 4th fret area. These are visible but not perceptible to the touch (i.e. if you run your finger along them they are perfectly smooth). From the owner’s manual: “You will find that within a short period of time the finish will scratch or mark. Never fear, this is normal and will not affect the playability of the bass.” Since I’ve owned the bass I have always used nickel strings, which are easier on the fingerboard than stainless steel strings. The strings currently on it are DR Sunbeams, .30 - .125.

Specs: AAA Flame maple, Neck-through body, 34 inch Scale, 17.5mm string spacing, lined ebony fretboard, 24/24 inlaid white markers on the fretless fingerboard, bone nut, single truss rod, gold hardware, M.V. Pedulla/Gotoh machine heads, Bartolini JJ pickups and Bartolini active electronics. Controls: Volume, Pan, Bass boost/Cut, Treble boost/cut, Mid boost/cut, Mid frequency select switch. Finish: gloss polyester, including BUZZ fingerboard.

The bass weighs in at a very comfortable and well balanced 9 lbs. 6 oz. The finish reads a bit more blue in the photos than it actually is - I’d say it’s closer to a true aquamarine color. The bass will ship in the original black rectangular hardshell case, and I have the original manual and instruction sheets.

The only trade I'd be interested in is a Fender Roscoe Beck V in excellent condition + cash.
    Local pickup/delivery is ok. I’m in Laguna Beach, CA

$2250 shipped within continental US
    PRICE DROP: now $2150 shipped within continental US

Pedulla%20body%20front.

More photos here:
    Pedulla Hexabuzz Slideshow by Alan Deremo

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  2. Replacement truss rod cover?

3. ad9000

ad9000 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2004
    Leucadia, CA
    No.

4. For a while, there were things printed on them. Custom, Limited Edition, etc.
    Must be just after that! Got my MVP in 95- almost identical, but has a little silk screen printed on the cover.
    Now, to scrape up some $$....

ad9000 likes this.
  5. drumsnbass

drumsnbass Bassic User

Dec 13, 2004
    Phoenix AZ area
    Lovely! I have one of these, same setup, so of course I am biased! :D

6. ad9000

ad9000 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2004
    Leucadia, CA
    and SOLD!

Kragnorak likes this.
  7. Kragnorak

Kragnorak

Sep 20, 2008
    I'm super excited - I've never spent more than a grand on a bass before, so this will be a whole 'nother level of quality! Plus, Pedulla buzzes have been my dream fretless for years now!

8. drumsnbass

drumsnbass Bassic User

Dec 13, 2004
    Phoenix AZ area
    You, my friend, are in for a real treat here!

Kragnorak likes this.
  9. Kragnorak

Kragnorak

Sep 20, 2008
    Many thanks to ad9000 for a seamless sale; I have never bought a bass this high-end before and have never done an internet purchase outside of big retail sites, so kudos to him for making the experience so worry-free!

The bass itself is phenomenal and I've been enjoying NBD; this bass sings and sustains so well that I've already gotten inspired and started writing some new ideas :D

10. drumsnbass

drumsnbass Bassic User

Dec 13, 2004
    Phoenix AZ area
    Consider yourself spoiled! For the money, few used basses will ever come close!

Kragnorak likes this.