Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pedulla MVP, rock or not?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ModulusMaster, May 25, 2002.

1. I was looking at a few pedullas and im really bent on picking up an MVP. The question is, is it really ment to rock with? Ive never heard of anyone using it for rock.....

2. Didn't Gene Simmons play MVPs at some point?

3. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    I used an EMS, which eveloved into the MVP, for rock - and jazz.

4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Yes, I do believe he did. I am almost positive I have seen him with one before.

5. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    The MVP will defiinitely hold its own in a rock setting

6. I played a black MVP 4 a few days ago that definitely would have cut it for rock. Very Spector-ish, but with more grunt and treble.

7. Yes. Have no fear. The MVPs are one of the best basses made-period-IMHO. I do a lot of studio sessions with a Hexabuzz (fretless) and it's extremely versatile and it has rocked live on many occassions. Just for the record, (as pertains to a similar thread) I have had excellent responses and customer service from Christine Pedulla and Mike himself. My only complaint with Pedulla is, when custom ordering a 6, I couldn't choose via email pics my body wood as one can with other builders although if you give them a detailed description they're good about finding something appropriate. His replacement parts are way overpriced but there are alternatives if need be. The MVPs can sound bouncy/Fender-ish and can have it's own flavor as well. Enjoy it!

8. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Jim T.,

Please email me so we can compare notes on our basses. I bought a Hexabuzz in 1994 and have had great results live and in the studio.

Chuck

moses@compuvision.net