Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pedulla owners: Show and tell!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chris h, May 15, 2003.

1. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Show us some pics! whats your story? Pedulla is a great company in my opinion.. so lets see 'em!

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I don't own one, unfortunately. But, I'd just like to say that a Rapture J-2 with the coated fretboard was THE best fretless I have ever played, hands down.
    The cool thing? The second best is a Buzz.

Actually, the first bass I ever really was bowled over by in my life was a Thunderbolt w/ 19mm string spacing. Simply amazing. I'd like to own one if finances and GAS ever line up. They rarely do, but I'd love a Pedulla in my stable.

Dream Pedulla? Rapture 5 in black (hardware, finish, picgaurd, headstock, rosewood board, ect).

C'mon, post some pics people, Pedulla's are seriously one of the most underrated companies out there.

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Here are my girls:

[​IMG]

Amber and Samantha, a Pentabuzz and an MVP4, respectively.

Any questions?:D

4. dabshire

dabshire

Dec 15, 2002
    McKinney, TX
    I like mine. 97'ish Thunder Bolt. Bought it "used" (in near mint condition). Big sound. Big. Love it.

[​IMG]

5. Here's my babies...

A Rapture PJ 5 in peacock blue w/ birdseye maple fretboard and 19mm spacing. And a Thunderbolt 5 in vintage cherry burst w/rosewood board and 19mm spacing, respectivly. I love the hell out of these things.

[​IMG]

6. bassyamaha5

bassyamaha5

Sep 4, 2002
    Hanover, MA
    like most normal(broke) bass players I would love to have one, especially since they are right around the corner from my house, I've been to the shop once or twice, and some of the cutoms they have are ridiculous, maybe someday I can afford one

7. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Okeydokey...

Here we go.
    [​IMG]

Pedulla is an EXCELLENT company. Great products and great service. A bit pricey, but you get what you pay for, they say.

I'm probably going to get mine re-finished in a year or so. $500!!! But it will look like new. It's only $100 to re-do the fretboard.

8. I have both the PJ and JJ models....

9. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    Gots to love a Pedulla. I passed mine along recently, but wouldn't refuse one in the future...

I still want to see one like this in greater detail:
    [​IMG]

it's too itty bitty...

10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    [​IMG]

11. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Great pics everyone! here is my mvp. Brendan, i think you enquired about buying this one a while back?[​IMG]

12. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Yes. Yes I did. It was Spike's, if I recall correctly. I think I even had the money, but it was the shipping that was the hassle that broke the deal.

Shame, that still looks like a million dollars. Er, well, pounds, I suppose. :D