1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Pedulla Pentabuzz 17.5mm

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Jumamoro, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jumamoro

Jumamoro

Apr 8, 2007
    Miami FL
    Pedulla Pentabuzz fretless bass for sale. I love the way this bass sounds an looks, the only reason that I am selling it, is to buy a Hexabuzz.

This bass includes original case and tools. I will also include an ebony finger ramp that I custom ordered from a local luthier, I took it off to take the pictures but you can se the ramp inside the case on the last picture.

The color of this bass is called arctic night, but I custom ordered it from Mike Pedulla to be just a little darker than the usual, and it looks awesome.

The only trade that I would consider is a Pedulla Hexabuzz.

IMG_3574.gif

IMG_3577.gif

IMG_3568.gif

IMG_3570.gif

IMG_3582.gif

Price would be $2,000 shipped in the US. I prefer money order or bank check, but I can also do PayPal as long as it is a no fee transaction.

2. MrDOS

MrDOS Gold Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Colorado Springs, CO
    OMG -- SO sorry I opened up this link...

3. Brian Reihms

Brian Reihms Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Me too. Sweet!

4. boyet

boyet

May 15, 2007
    Miami
    My dream bass....and I'm still dreaming!

5. Vakmere

Vakmere

Sep 6, 2007
    Philly
    :eek::eek::eek::eek: Nice color - great bass.

6. elshunko

elshunko

Jun 25, 2010
    Now that's a pretty bass.

It shouldn't last long.

7. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Simply beautiful!

It has the older headstock logo. What year was it built?

8. I love these, but every time they come up for sale they are always lined fretless. Lines on a fretless are just unnecessary.
    You have to listen, plain and simple. And, hey, don't take my word for it. Check out the recent article with Bakithi Kumalo in Bass Player.
    I am going to place an order from a dealer, just as soon as I get the bread!

Has anyone ever seen one for sale that did not have the fret lines?

That being said, Bump for a beautiful bass!

9. MrDOS

MrDOS Gold Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Colorado Springs, CO
    If you don't need the lines, what's the problem with them being there?
    I sure need 'em :)

10. elshunko

elshunko

Jun 25, 2010
    You're right. You don't need the lines, but they sure make the bass all the more sexy.

Now that you have mentioned it, I don't believe I have seen one come up without lines. Good luck on you order; we'll need some pics when it arrives.

11. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    I have seen them without lines so they're out there........

12. When I started playing upright bass, I wanted to mark some of the positions with tape, and that was just fine for a while. Later on, when I was taking lessons, my teacher took the position that if you are relying on the tape markers that this will distract you from listening to the other players and the tonal center. So, I worked hard at listening and developing vibrato. When these skills develop, the markers are no longer necessary.

I also have to admit that I really like a clean ebony fingerboard without lines or dots, but side dots are fine as a reference, because a 34" scale bass is quite long, after all.

Bass players each have their own preferences, and I respect that. I would never give a fretless player a hard time for having those reference markers.

I'm just GASing hardcore for a Pentabuzz! :)

13. Jumamoro

Jumamoro

Apr 8, 2007
    Miami FL
    Bump

14. staccatogrowl

staccatogrowl Savoring this spinning, shimmery aquasphere Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Lines v no lines. . . It's the classic TB tug-of-war. . .

Personally, I'd go with lines. . . They are there if needed. . . No ear is perfect. . .

Truly distracted by lines? 1) Don't look. 2) Close your eyes. 3) Play in the dark. The last point is poignant, as many stages are dark, and you can't see the lines well, even if you want to.

Personally, if were looking for another Pentabuzz, I would go for this one. The black finish and black hardware are amazing together. Also, I would never spend $5,000 to buy something that could be had minty used for about $2,000. There's a lot of living that could be had with the $3,000 savings from new.

15. Personally, if were looking for another Pentabuzz, I would go for this one. The black finish and black hardware are amazing together. Also, I would never spend $5,000 to buy something that could be had minty used for about $2,000. There's a lot of living that could be had with the $3,000 savings from new.[/QUOTE]

I would be interested in this one, but for the string spacing. I am gonna need the 19mm. I hear what you are saying about saving money. That is why I follow the used market. It sure is a small market, and these are rare. In the end I may have to shell out the extra cash to make all my dreams come true.

I will just mention here that I have found some amazing bargains on line. Last year I got a Fender American Standard Jazz for $600 in near perfect condition. The bass sat unused for more than a decade. I took the savings from that transaction and put it back into the bass. Mr. Mike Lull installed a bone nut, hipshot string through body bridge, and the Aguilar two-band pre, etc. Needless to say, I could not be happier:)

16. Brian Reihms

Brian Reihms Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Free bump for a sweet instrument!

17. After years of playing I moved from a fretless without lines to two fretless basses with lines and my playing improved-particularly with upper register solos. I agree an unlined bass looks better but lines made me a more confident and improved player.

18. Jumamoro

Jumamoro

Apr 8, 2007
    Miami FL
    Bump

19. asg618

asg618

Jan 9, 2006
    She looks great, but can you provide some more detail about her condition? Any dings, dents, blems, scratches, etc?

Any issue with the electronics?

What does she weigh?

What year was she built?

Thanks!

20. Spreck76

Spreck76 Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2003
    Louisiana
    Awesome looking bass, love the color, great price.

Just saw on Pedulla's site they have mini fret lines at the top of the fingerboard. Reference point from the player's point of view but from the audience it looks like a clean board. Great idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.