1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pedulla Pentabuzz breakdown

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Beepo, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Beepo

Beepo

Sep 23, 2008
    Oslo, Norway
    Hi everybody!

A couple of days ago, when I plugged in my Pedulla Pentabuzz(2001), the electronics seemed to completely malfunction, and hardly any sound came out of the bass. The bass had been in it's case for a few months. I took the bass home, changed the battery and tried it on my amps at home. The problem was still there!!:crying: There's is some sound from the bass, but it is extremely low in volume, and sounds like a distorted synth bass...! What has happened, anyone had any similar problems?? I think the bass has a Bartolini preamp, 9V. Any tips on how to repair my baby?

I have to point out that the Pedulla has been great ever since I bought it a few years ago, so thanks to Michael Pedulla for building great basses. It just needs to be fixed :)

Best regards,

Espen Poulsen,
    Oslo, Norway.

2. Eminor3rd

Eminor3rd BLAAAAARRGGHH!!

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    Call Pedulla.

3. dooft11

dooft11 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    bro, i will suggest you check to ensure no loose wire inside the cav, i fixed many bass which have the same problem caused by bad solder joint or loose wire.. take a look at the socket point, most of the case the plug in and out action broke the solder joint at the jack pot

4. p5string

p5string

Aug 21, 2004
    Webster, NY
    Had the same thing happen on a Thunderbass-bad jack.