Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pedulla rant

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wademeister63, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Wademeister63

Wademeister63

Aug 30, 2004
    Denton Tx
    A couple months ago I was at a Guitar Center and tried a Rapture 5. Just about fell in love with that thing, but had to leave it behind since I didn't have $2069 to spend on a bass at that moment. Saturday I was at a different GC and they had another black Rapture 5 just like the first one I had seen. Yeah buddy, I had to pick that up and check it out. Now I think I'll just stay away from those, sheesh. Why on earth would anyone cut a neck blank that obviously has a small dark colored knot in it and continue to finish and ship that piece of wood? They knew what the price tag was going to be before they started on the thing, yet decided that a little knot was acceptable?? And what was the deal with that nut? Oh yeah, must be someone was in a huge hurry or something because it looked like it was meant for another bass then taken and carelessly trimmed and installed as an afterthought. All the sharp edges had been slightly beveled before intalling into the slot. I mean the ends and the bottom of the nut where it fits in the the slot! Looked like it was the last nut in the house so they went ahead and used it or something. It was very disappointing to see such shoddy work on an expensive USA made bass, especially when it was sitting right beside a bunch of flawless budget basses at less than 1/5th the price. They seem to be asking a hell of a lot for the markings on the headstock, because I sure couldn't see any evidence of anyone having taken the time to even look at that crap before shipping it out. :spit:

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    The nut on mine has the same bevelled edges. I like that i dont cut or hurt my hands when im restringing. I dont really worry about it. Its the playabilty and feel of the bass that lets me decide on a bass - not how squarely the nut is cut.

3. vacman

vacman

Mar 8, 2004
    portland, or
    Call Michael Pedulla at Pedulla and let him know. Check his web site; he wants to know if his product is displayed in a less then perfect manner. BTW, the 19mm string spacing on those Raptures is great and the tone is wonderfull. One of the down falls with GC is every 15 year old Flea wanna-be is hammering the gear.... :rollno:

4. tekhna

tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
    Yeah, my experience with Pedulla has been not so good.
    Oh well. Still great basses.

5. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    +1

+1