Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

PEDULLA RAPTOR 5S..worth it

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by flea claypool, Aug 20, 2004.

1. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    has anyone actually played or owned a pedulla raptor5
    i want one but its got to be worth the money
    and wat kinda style would it suit

THANKS
    1 DESPERATE IRISH MAN :help: :help: :help:

2. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Well, if you mean the Rapture then yes.

A Rapture SB4 is my ideal bass. There was one sitting in a music store round here for ages, and I played every week, really a dream to play, absolulty beautiful, and the sound rocked.

Jack

3. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    You mean the Pedulla Rapture 5? I don't own one, but I do own a Pedulla Thunderbolt and I just picked up a new Buzz this week. Mike makes some of the best basses out there and has been for over 25 years! I think you'll find that most people here think highly of the Rapture. It's a great playing bass and from what I hear it's very versitile. You can get it with three different pickup configurations, P/J, JJ, and single soapbar in the "MM" position. What kind of music do you play?

4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    There are different Rapture 5's. I own a 5 string P/J and love it.
    There's the single soapbar, the J/J and the P/J. They're all great, but will do different things. What one are you looking at, and what type of sound are you looking for?

5. blen dem

blen dem Supporting Member

Jun 22, 2001
    USA, Vallejo
    I had a Rapture J2-5 for a bout two years and really really liked it. At times I do regret selling it but the Cirrus 5 I picked up with the $$ just suits me better. The Pedulla had the 19mm wide string spacing which was a tad bit too wide for me.

I play mostly Reggae but do dabble in hip-hop, R&B and Funk. The Rapture handled it all with no problems. Sound is warmer than the Cirrus mainly due to the Barts (miss dem pickups!!) and has a more of an old school Fenderish J Bass vibe to it with more growl. If you have the $$ I would recommend it.

PEACE!

6. The Rapture basses are great, I've got two of them (a fretless J2/5 and a J2000/5 (plus a Hexabuzz)). They stand behind the basses they sell, the customer service (in the event you need to take advatage of it) is second to none.

If you are ordering, keep in mind that they offer both 17.5mm and 19mm spacing.

7. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

From Talking to Dave Wilson and playing his Pedulla it is a great value to search the used market for one.